Most Annoying People of the Year 2008

Walker

It is something BBC puts on every year around this time, simply a countdown of the 100 most annoying people of the year based on news stories and actions within the public eye. It happens in two-parts, first of which was on yesterday and is now available on iPlayer. Obviously, i watched it, because i'm the type of cynical arsehole this programme targets. Here is the list so far, 100-51. I have put the reasons in brackets, spot the ones i agree with and disagree with.

100 - Robbie Williams (Aliens)

99 - Steve McClaren (failing as England manager and pretending to be Dutch)

98 - Wesley Snipes (tax evasion)

97 - Michael Phelps (being too damn good, and eating 12,000 calories a day)

96 - Noel Gallagher (complaining too much)

95 - Russia (Eurovision)

94 - Dr Tim Leunig (telling Northerners to move South)

93 - Helen Mirren (admitting to cocain usage)

92 - Naomi Campbell (obvious reasons)

91 - Rev Peter Mullen (homophobia)

90 - Dwain Chambers (failing at American Football and Rugby League before taking the Olympic Committee to court)

89 - Calum Best (sex fiend)

88 - Noel Edmunds (cancelled TV licence)

87 - Piers Morgan (twat)

86 - Sharon Stone (wanted to botox her son's feet)

85 - The Jonas Brothers (come on, look at them)

84 - Fern Britton (gastric band)

83 - Chris Martin (for having a new album)

82 - Alistair Darling (Eyebrows) NOTE: Fucking up the economy was not even mentioned. It is all about the eyebrows.

81 - Eric Jephcott (lied about being a Dambuster)

80 - Tricia Walsh-Smith (ranting about husband on YouTube)

79 - Carla Bruni (given too much attention)

78 - Delia Smith ("How To Cheat At Cooking")

77 - David Duchovny (sex/wank addict)

76 - Verne Troyer (banging a Playboy Bunny)

75 - Tilda Swinton (not wearing make-up)

74 - Pete Doherty (for staying out of the public eye)

73 - George Michael (another toilet related incident)

72 - Paula Radcliff (not winning a medal at the Olympics)

71 - Ashley Cole (for cheating on Cheryl) and Cheryl Cole (for staying with him)

70 - Jodie Marsh (TITS!!!)

69 - John & Ann Darwin (canoegate)

68 - Birmingham City Council (printing the wrong Birmingham on a leaflet)

67 - Jamie Oliver (said food in African slums is better than British)

66 - Lynne Spears (milking the misery of her daughters)

65 - Myleene Klass (had a baby)

64 - David Blaine (hung upside down)

63 - Blake Fielder Civil (prison)

62 - Mother Nature (shit weather)

61 - Jacqui Smith (losing criminal records)

60 - Ricky Martin (serogate mother and not telling us his sexuality)

59 - Sarah Ferguson (pompous, patronising snobbery)

58 - Peter Phillips (sold wedding photos to tabloid)

57 - Spanish Basketball Team (racism)

56 - David Cameron (had bike stolen)

55 - Adnan Ghalib (banging Britney Spears)

54 - Sarah Palin (obvious reasons)

53 - Ronaldo (being fat and sleeping with three trannies)

52 - Christiano Ronaldo (for being a twat)

51 - Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon (unleashing that horrible movie onto the world)

50-1 will be on tomorrow night. I am expecting the usual names to come up (Katie Price, Paris Hilton, Kerry Katona), a few politicians (Gordon Brown, George Bush, Barack Obama, John McCain), and a couple of singers (Amy Winehouse, Britney Spears).

I'd have thought Steve McClaren would be much higher. Like, top ten. But i guess there is bigger fish to fry.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace your Steve McClaren comment with Sarah Palin and you'll have my opinion. I was thinking Top 5 for her but I'm sure you Brits didn't have to deal with her as much as we did.

I don't know why David Duchovny is on there. Anyone with a sex addiction gets props from me, let alone anyone who admits to having one. I agree with the Jonas Brothers sentiment but I can honestly say that I have yet to hear any of their songs, so I guess they're not THAT annoying. And thanks for reminding me of the Sex and the City (aka Old Whores On Parade) gang again, list.

Edited by TheRyno

How can Myleene be on this list!? At all? What a joke.

Myleene is lovely. :@

I always hate lists like these because they're always delegated to some total fuck wits who confuse popularity with annoying. And all politicians with annoying. Then it gets broadcast on television? :-\

Myleene Klass being on there did really irritate me. I just love watching the many "celebrity" contributors try and justify why a certain person is on the list and not have a clue. For Myleene they were basically saying she was doing too much after having a baby, which somehow is a bad thing. Chris Martin was put on there for pretty much being in the spotlight for the first time in three years. Carla Bruni is on the list because, as far as i can tell, she is the wife of the French President while at the same time being gorgeous and talented in her own right. Oh, and Ricky Martin, for not telling the press that he is gay or straight. Some reasons just edge on pathetic, but mainly just confirm how jealous people get.

Man, that list is terrible. "Had bike stolen"? What? Do they mean his bike was stolen and therefore he's annoying or he had someone steal his bike? Huh? "sleeping with a playboy bunny"? That reeks more of "jealousy" moment than anything else.

David Cameron is likely Britain's next Prime Minister and is annoying without much aid. The incident where his bike was stolen was highlighted though. The idea is that Cameron goes everywhere on his bike, pushing his green agenda, while also being overly positive about the inner-city crime culture. It seemed like delicious irony that he got his bike stolen. However, he did get reunited with his bike shortly after some footage taken minutes before the incident was unearthed by a tabloid newspaper. Speculation is that it was staged, or at least done on purpose by the same tabloid newspaper.

93 - Helen Mirren (admitting to cocain usage)

74 - Pete Doherty (for staying out of the public eye)

So one celebrity is annoying for using cocain while the other is annoying for not being shown...using cocaine? :shifty:

This entire list just keeps getting worse it seems. I didn't look it over massively thoroughly before, you can't blame me. It's shit.

But Helen Mirren one of the most annoying 100 people of the year? Really? I'm surprised their reason was "Playing the Queen when she's really Russian" or "Being more English than real English people can be".

The whole things just... wow. You admit to using cocaine once and your one of the 100 most annoying people in the world for that year?