The White House - A Kingmaker Mafia Signups

Rules ripped [and slightly modified] from another site (who probably ripped them from elsewhere):

Kingmaker is a variant on Mafia with an interesting twist. While Mafia focuses on the mob mentality (no pun intended) and democracy to progress through each day, Kingmaker decides to follow a different path: the path of monarchy.

Every night, the Kingmaker,( a player in the game with the role "The American Public"), decides on a President from the pool of players besides the Kingmaker. That President, whether a Villager trying to root out the assassins or an Assassin trying to kill off the villagers, must listen to the advice of his fellow players, think carefully, and eventually decide on one person to be executed. The thinking part is important!

At night, regardless of how well the President did, he must step down and a new President must be chosen by the American Public, the same president can't be selected on more than 2 consecutive occasions. But the Assassins aren't just sitting around, either; every night, the Assassins may choose one villager to kill off! The game continues until the Assassins are gone or the Assassins equal or outnumber the village.

Votes from the players are encouraged to help guide the President as to who to vote for, but ultimately they don't matter as it is up to the President to decide who shall be lynched.

* The Kingmaker may never reveal his role! If he does it is an automatic modkill. There are no restrictions for other roles but I can't imagine anyone would really claim Assassin.

* The Kingmaker picks two candidates for Kingship: a main and backup selection. If the main selection is killed, the backup choice becomes king.

* The selected King ends the day by typing, in bold, EXECUTE: Player. Don't do this if you're not the King (Ruki :shifty:).

* The Kingmaker must choose a new King every night; a king cannot be selected more than twice consecutively and not more than 4 times overall, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

* If the Kingmaker is executed, a new Kingmaker will arise out of the loyal villagers and choose a King for the next day. If the Kingmaker is killed by Assassins, a new Kingmaker will be chosen but the old Kingmaker's choices will go into effect.

* If a deadline is in place and the King does not execute anyone before the deadline, the King will be executed when the town grows tired of his incompetence! There is NOT a no-lynch option in this game.

GENERAL RULES

* DO NOT edit posts. The first time anyone does it, it's a warning. The second time, it's a modkill.

* DO NOT communicate outside of the thread about the thread, unless specifically told otherwise. The only players that should be talking outside this thread are the Assassins, and they should only be discussing it with each other. There are no restrictions about when to communicate.

* DO NOT publish mod PMs, unless given permission.

* Instalynch is in effect. Once an execution choice have been reached the day will end.

* There is a 48 hour deadline for each day. If there is no execution, the King will be killed instead!

* A player's role will be revealed once he dies.

* There are no role restrictions in regards to the style of your posts. If someone is posting strangely, it is self-imposed. The ONLY post restriction in the game is that no one may claim Kingmaker, hint at being Kingmaker, etc. I will use my discretion on this.

* You must be active, anyone who doesn't post for a number of consecutive phases will be PMed and if you fail to pick up your activity, you will be replaced

* Day phases last a maximum of 48 hours, if there isn't a lynch in that time, the King dies, discretion will obviously be used here.

* Night phases last approximately 24 hours, preferably less.

* Other general rules I've forgotten apply

There are 16 roles in this game so sign up. Sign ups are going to be open for about 24 hours or when I feel I've got a good list of players. It's not first come first serve and I'll probably pick the more active players if there are more than 16 roles, so go: