What popular movie/TV show/novel have you never seen/read?

RoyWill Rumble

As the title says, what movie, TV show, or novel have you never seen, or read that seemingly everyone else has?

In my grade twelve English class we were supposed to read The Great Gatsby, but I refused. So, I've never bothered with that classic. Oh, and any and all religious texts?

As for movies? I've never seen Casablanca, or Terminator. I know, I know. I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies aside from most of the first one, nor do I care to.

I've never read a page or seen a single scene of the Harry Potter series, nor do I intend to. Same with Twilight. I've read all of the Lord of the Rings books, but only seen the second movie. I may see The Hobbit.

Other than New Nightmare, despite being an avid horror fan, I've never seen any of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

For TV, I've never sat down and watched a FULL episode of Friends, but I have seen a few minutes or half a show here and there.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

For TV, I've never sat down and watched a FULL episode of Friends, but I have seen a few minutes or half a show here and there.

I'm in the exact same group as you. Not a big Friends guy, apparently. I've also never seen an episode of The Office, Lost, Chuck, Veronica Mars, The OC, 24, etc. (Whatever the popular shows are right now).

I've never seen an entire Pirates Of The Caribbean movie. Nor do I really intend to.

I've never seen The Graduate, The Godfather I, II, or III, Airplane!, etc. despite being a huge fan of films.

I'll post more when I think of them. It's getting late, and I'm tired.

Edited by slain

Never seen the Sopranos, The Wire..I did see the first few episodes of Lost..never got the big deal about it though

There's quite a few bits and pieces that mates have recommended but I've never got round to partaking in them...

I have/had:

* Never seen a full episode of Battlestar Galactica. From what I've heard, I'd love it. Just never got round to it.

* Only read Book 1 of LOTR. And it bored me almost to tears. :shifty:

* Never seen Taxi Driver although I've probably had the entire film quoted to me in the past.

* Only seen the first 10 minutes of This Is Spinal Tap...one day I will watch it all and be forever complete. At least, that appears to be the prevailing opinion.

* Never even heard of Twilight before the pre-movie hype.

* Only read one Terry Pratchett (Colour of Magic) book and will never read another. I found him to be self-indulgent, arrogant and, ultimately, unfunny.

* Also never seen a Terminator movie. Once you've heard the quotes repeated over and over again to you, it just loses its appeal.

That's pretty much all I can think of for now.

also gonna throw in at this point that i've never played a final fantasy game, and i never will

Me neither. I seem to remember one of my mates having one of the really early 2D games on import when I was 7-8 and that wasn't bad, but I've got no interest in the modern ones.

* Only read one Terry Pratchett (Colour of Magic) book and will never read another. I found him to be self-indulgent, arrogant and, ultimately, unfunny.

Then you're a complete cunt.

Er, I mean, have opinions that differ from mine. Same thing at EWB. :shifty:

I've never seen any of the famous gangster films/shows (Godfather, Scarface, The Sopranos, The Goodfellas, etc).

Never read a Harry Potter book, though I've watched and enjoyed all of the films.

Although I've watched all but the latest two, I wasn't paying attention, and thus don't really get the storyline to Star Wars.

Never watched a single episode of Battlestar Galactica, or Angel. Edit: Or 24.

Edited by Farmer Reil