iDOMINATION 1990

LJC

Another small question, is their a reason for my NWATNA logo to be in the logo pack (well I think its my logo) and just wondering for AWA & WCCW, since their was already 2 logos for each, would you consider the first one of each to be their main logos for this period (thats the red and white AWA and the white and black WCCW logos)?

Another small question, is their a reason for my NWATNA logo to be in the logo pack (well I think its my logo) and just wondering for AWA & WCCW, since their was already 2 logos for each, would you consider the first one of each to be their main logos for this period (thats the red and white AWA and the white and black WCCW logos)?

Ah yes, I actually zipped up my whole logos folder didn't I? I have no reason why that TNA one is in there, just left in by mistake when I was moving files. Yes the AWA red white and blue logo and the WCCW Black and white one are the correct logos for this period.

Just started up a game and found something that made me laugh.

Robbie V

Brawl - 60

Speed - 95

Tech - 60

Char - 70

I love RVD as much as the next guy but really 1990 scenario? Really?

Oh yeah, and thanks for the scenario, can't wait to give it a go.

His stats might be off, but he debuted in the 90s so he SHOULD be in.

Rob Van Dam debuted in 1990 after being trained by The Sheik, wrestling his first match against Dango Nguyen in Toledo, Ohio. The name Rob Van Dam or Robbie V. was given to Rob in 1991 by Ron Slinker, a promoter in Florida.

Hope you don't mind me giving some pointers here I'm just slightly bored right now, also since the scenario if I'm right veers off from reality around 1984 that's the last date I would refer to for anything that they should be from real life

Why is Dave Finlay classed as “Other”, he should be British/European, also don't quote me on this but from what I remember about Finlay from this era he use to use a Piledriver of sorts or something like that, I'll have to hunt some of my videos down to get it right but he didn't just overkill the Uppercut.

As with Finlay for Dave Taylor I don't think he overkilled the Uppercut so maybe give him the Taylor/British Suplex since I think I remember seeing him do something similar around the era.

Big Daddy's finisher would be the Big Daddy/Daddy Splash, also change his second finisher to a Belly Butt (Impact) it wasn’t a finishing move but it would be the set up for the flop/splash, also I'd drop his overness to about 40, the only reason the guy got over was because his family owned the promotion and he rarely left the UK, and drop his attitude to about 45, if I remember right he was a real pig in the ring and could/would easily hurt someone (overness wise) by putting on a brutal match.

Change Giant Haystacks secondary finisher to a Big Elbow (Ground), since he had big feuds in the UK with Big Daddy and they used the same sorts of moves its logical to give one something different.

If Curt Hennig was not in WWF he would not have been Mr. Perfect and thus not use the Perfect Plex so that should be the Hennig Plex

From recollection Beniot/Pegasus Kid didn't start using the crossface till he got into ECW/WCW, maybe give him a Wild Bomb (Impact/Corner) or a Dragon Suplex with the diving headbutt

Also Mo is in Men on a Mission with no one

I’d also add the following relationships

- Steve Regal & Giant Haystacks (Friendship)

- Giant Haystacks & Big Daddy (Dislike)

- Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith (Blood/Loyalty) depends on how you view cousins

- Dory Funk Jr & Terry Funk (Blood)

- Larry Hennig & Curt Hennig (Blood)

- Ax & Smash (Friendship/Loyalty)

- Ian Rotten & Axl Rotten (Friendship/Loyalty)

- Barry Orton & Bob Orton (Blood)

- Bruno Sammartino & David Sammartino (Blood)

- Blood relationships between the Guerreros

And some British wrestlers who could work in the era

Mark Rocco

Name: Mark Rocco

Short Name: Rollerball

Birth Month: May

Weight: Light

Deposition: Heel

Position: Midcarder

Gimmick: Old School Heel/No Gimmick Needed

Brawling: 43

Speed: 35

Technical: 77

Stiffness: 68

Selling: 60

Over: 53

Charisma: 41

Attitude: 88

Behaviour: 84

Speaks: Yes

Nationality: British

Primary Finisher: Crucifix Powerbomb (Impact)

Secondary Finisher: Diving Knee Drop (Top Rope)

Alter Egos: Black Tiger I, Rollerball Rocco

Johnny Saint

Name: Johnny Saint

Short Name: Saint

Birth Month: June

Deposition: Face

Position: Upper Midcared

Gimmick: Old School Face

Brawling: 34

Speed: 41

Technical: 87

Stiffness: 73

Selling: 67

Over: 59

Charisma: 68

Attitude: 91

Behaviour: 92

Primary Finisher: Johnny Saint Special (Submission)

Secondary Finisher: Russ Abbot Special (Impact)

Kendo Nagasaki II (the British one)

Name: Kendo Nagasaki II

Short Name: Nagasaki

Birth Month: October

Deposition: Heel

Position: Midcared

Gimmick: Mysterious

Brawling: 34

Speed: 21

Technical: 67

Stiffness: 53

Selling: 57

Over: 51

Charisma: 73

Attitude: 89

Behaviour: 90

Primary Finisher: Kamikaze Crash (Impact)

Secondary Finisher: Kamikaze Crash (Impact)

i may pick through some things over the following day so if you dont mind i might post them up unless you'd prefer i PM them to you

Hope you don't mind me giving some pointers here I'm just slightly bored right now, also since the scenario if I'm right veers off from reality around 1984 that's the last date I would refer to for anything that they should be from real life

I/we don't mind at all. Like I said, the 1990 scenario we based it off of is the '90 Data that's been around forever. This release is FAR from perfect, so the more things people find wrong (such as ludicrous stats, incorrect ages) the better. That way we can make the revisions necessary, and make this a totally complete scenario for version 1.1.

Why is Dave Finlay classed as “Other”, he should be British/European, also don't quote me on this but from what I remember about Finlay from this era he use to use a Piledriver of sorts or something like that, I'll have to hunt some of my videos down to get it right but he didn't just overkill the Uppercut.

He's classified as other because that's the way he was in the data, and we'd missed it. Was it the Tombstone variation of the Piledriver he used in WCW, or the classic Piledriver?

If Curt Hennig was not in WWF he would not have been Mr. Perfect and thus not use the Perfect Plex so that should be the Hennig Plex

Hennig becomes Mr. Perfect in '93 when he works for TWE, but yes as of 90 that should definately be the Hennig Plex.

From recollection Beniot/Pegasus Kid didn't start using the crossface till he got into ECW/WCW, maybe give him a Wild Bomb (Impact/Corner) or a Dragon Suplex with the diving headbutt

Another original Data error. I watched a few of Benoit's matches as Pegasus, and I believe the Diving Headbutt and Dragon Suplex where the two primary moves.

i may pick through some things over the following day so if you dont mind i might post them up unless you'd prefer i PM them to you

Post away man. The more errors you find, the more we can fix. Thanks for posting them in here, and thanks for the suggestions :)

Guest Flip Tokyo

I was just curious if you ever considered not putting Benoit into these DATA releases as some people would find it offensive? No biggie, I'll delete him myself obviously if I have a problem, I just was curious if the situation was even given a thought?

Looking over Mexico, and as a whole it's pretty bare. How in the blue hell did the guy who made the original data not think to put in El Hijo Del Santo? Here are a few other known Luchadores currently not in the data. If anyone has any thoughts on stats for these guys that would be of great help.

Atlantis

Blue Panther

El Hijo Del Santo

Negro Casas

Erick Casas (Heavy Metal)

El Felino

Blue Demon Jr.

Octagón

Lizmark

A couple of things I found:

The Texas Hangmen need to be created as an actual tag team.

The Bushwhackers should be renamed as The Sheepherders and given their longer form names – Butch Miller and Luke Williams. Their gimmicks should be changed to something like Psycho or Bad Ass or Extremist. They only became the Bushwhackers when they debuted in the WWF in 1989.

Brian Armstrong should be 21 years old, not 19 and was in the Marine Corps at this time IRL. If he’s going to be wrestling you might want to look at lowering his stats. 77 brawl I can accept, but at twenty one years old 88 charisma is a little high.

Looking over the data there are 29 active female workers

all of them listed

Alexandra York

Baby Doll

Scary Sheri

Bambi

Bull Nakano

Candi Divine

Dark Journey

Debbie Combs

Rockin Robin

Tammy Sytch

Rhonda Singh

Elizabeth

Mae Young

Madusa

Judy Martin

Lady Blossom

Leilani Kai

Luna Vachon

Missy Hyatt

Sunshine

Lisa Moretti

Xochitl Hamada

Wendi Richter

Rena Mero

Woman - Nancy

During 1990 here is a short list of popular active womens wrestlers who are not in the game.

Dazzler

Desiree Peterson

Debbie Malenko

Kat LeRoux

Linda Dallas

Mad Maxine

Magnificent Mimi

Megumi Kudo

Jaguar Yokota

Peggy Lee Leather

Spanish Red

Reggie Bennett

Terri Powers

If needed I can list stats for most of them here.

Those stats for Finlay are atrocious. As are TheWho's stats for Rocco and Kendo. Also, surely the British Kendo should be I and not II, given that he was the original.

I will admit their not perfect stats but something is better than nothing and I feel they should be included since their the top of the UK scene, your remark does little to help

Here are some other things

- As for Finlay’s finishing move I think it would be best to give him a tombstone piledriver, however I think its best to rename it and call it a Belly To Belly Piledriver, also I was just watching a classic match from around the early 90's and he finished the match on a crossface so maybe add that as his second finisher as a submission.

- Eddie Guerrero should not be Black Tiger yet, he didn’t pick up the gimmick until around 1993, so right now their should not be a Black Tiger since Rocco wasn’t really using it around this time and if I’m right he dropped it in the mid 80’s, also on Eddie Guerrero I don’t think he would be using the Frog Splash since he started to use it as a tribute to Art Barr (who isn’t dead in the scenario), also since they have not teamed maybe rename it to a simple Splash

- Its up to you but around 1990 Koji Kanemoto took over the Tiger Mask gimmick from Mitsuharu Misawa, also the original Tiger Mask should be a non-wrestler at this point (he retired in the mid 80's)

- Wouldn’t Sting’s Stinger Splash be a corner move

- Even though he didn’t technically use it till later I’d change Shawn Michael’s main finisher to Teardrop Suplex and then have the Rocker Dropper as his secondary since it was mainly Janetty’s move.

- I’m not sure but didn’t Scott Steiner start to use the Steiner Screwdriver sometime in the early 90’s, if so wouldn’t that be a better move than the Steiner Line which im pretty sure was Rick’s move

Some relationships

- Jim Neidhart & Owen Hart (Loyalty/Friendship)

- Dave Taylor & Dave Finlay (Friendship)

- Dave Taylor & Steven Regal (Friendship)

- Dave Finlay & Steven Regal (Friendship)

- Headhunter A & Headhunter B (Friendship/Loyalty)

- Gary Wolfe & Anthony Durante (Friendship/Loyalty)

- Honkey Tonk Man & Jerry Lawler (Loyalty/Blood) cousins

- change the relationship between Booker T & Stevie Ray to Blood

EDIT:

Yes I’m seriously bored right now so here is a bit more to update

- Change the finishers of Tiger Mask I to Tiger Suplex (Impact) and Space Flying Tiger Drop (Top Rope)

- Change the finishers of Tiger Mask II to Tiger Suplex ’85 (Impact) and Tiger Press (Top Rope) (this is if he stays Tiger Mask or not since he might have just dropped the mask)

- Change Koji Kanemoto’s finishers to Moonsault (Top Rope) and Ankle Lock (Submission) (this is if your not to turn him into the third Tiger Mask, also from what I can find he didn’t debut till the end of 1990, maybe for the scenario his debut could be earlier so he picks up the Tiger Mask gimmick if so make his finishers Tiger Suplex (Impact) and Moonsault (Top Rope))

- for Kevin Sullivan to be realistic how can you use the tree of woe to finish someone, I’d change his finishers around and make the Tree of Woe a corner move and maybe rename it Tree of Woe Attack to make it a little more believable as a finisher

- Foley didn’t start using the Double Arm DDT until his WCW run, mostly because they wanted him to have a move he could do in the ring, so I’d change his primary finisher to the Cactus Elbow (Top Rope) which would be more accurate

- I’d change Chris Candido’s second finisher to the New Jersey Jam or a Diving Headbutt (Top Rope), the Frankenstein was a regular move for him

- Check booker for Big Daddy, his family owned the promotion he worked in alot, and since he was the main start im sure he had alot of input

- Change all the The Claw moves of the Von Erich’s to Claw or Iron Claw, simply to avoid the whole “hit’s the The Claw” write up

- Change David Cash’s second finisher to Underhook Piledriver (Impact), simply cause I remember him saying in an interview at around 2006 that he used the Money Make for over 15 years without injuring anyone so that would mean around the 90’s he would of picked up using it

- Change Eiji Ezaki main finisher to Scoop Piledriver, he didn’t debut till around 1991 so he would still be new at this point so wouldn’t have anything as fancy as an SSP

- Change El Scorpio’s Diss That Don't Miss to Scorpio Splash (same move but sounds more logical to the name, and maybe his second to the Tumbleweed (Top Rope)

- Change Ian Rotten’s finishers to Double Underhook DDT (Impact) & Diving Elbow Drop (Top Rope) he didn’t debut till the mid 1990’s so would still be new

Relationships

- Brother Love & Tom Pritchard (Blood) this is if Brother Love is meant to be Bruce Prichard

- Chris Candido & Tammy Sytch (Love)

Edited by TheWho87