iDOMINATION 1990

LJC

iDOMwBret.png

Based on NWA Domination by Adam Ryland

Authors: Josh Lacey and Luke Colgan

Scenario Graphics and Logos: Josh Lacey

Special thanks to Michael, Bigal, Jrtdot and various members of EWB for their input in the suggestions thread during the development of the game.

Current Release: v1.1

Required Files:

Data V1.1

Logos

Okay, this is a BETA version of the original version that was put out originally. Thanks to everyone who picked up on all the errors and special thanks to Jrtdot who really got the ball rolling with making the stat changes. Cheers mate.

Enjoy everyone and we hope that you enjoy the update/

*Note: Please read the NWA Handbook document included in the Data folder. There you will find scenario background information, and the history of the NWA in a PDF format.

Scenario details:

Starting Date: April 1st, 1990

Workers: 539

Promotions: 10

Staff: 190

Belts: 31

Events: 20

Tag Teams: 125

Stables: 8

TV Networks: 24

TV Shows: 5

Alter Egos: 88

Relationships: 73

Sponsors: 85</div>

The alter ego and relationship file was made from scratch so we'll endeavor to add more in for a v1.1 release of the game as well as more sponsors and events.
Edited by Mr. Potato Head

Guest Some Daft Punk

Noticed a couple of errors:

1. The Bruiser Brothers should be Ron Harris & Don Harris, not Ron Harris & Dean Malenko
  2. Koji Kanemoto should be Japanese, not American
  3. Kendo Nagasaki should be British, not Japanese
However, this is a very thorough update. Well done, you should be proud of yourself for this. Edited by Some Daft Punk

Noticed a couple of errors:

1. The Bruiser Brothers should be Ron Harris & Don Harris, not Ron Harris & Dean Malenko
  2. Koji Kanemoto should be Japanese, not American
  3. Kendo Nagasaki should be British, not Japanese
However, this is a very thorough update. Well done, you should be proud of yourself for this.

For point 3... it depends... The ORIGINAL Kendo Nagasaki was British, however another worker worked as Kendo Nagasaki in America during the 80s who was actually Japanese. He wrestled in Stampede as Mr. Sakurada, so it is much more likely that this version is supposed to be him, since I think he was on the CS roster, no?

The stats may seem a bit high still because you have to realize it was the 1990 EWR Data this was based on. This is more of a BETA release than anything else, so PLEASE post your findings that you disagree with here. You WON'T offend us. That way we can address them and eventually get everything right. There are still a few errors regarding workers wages that I have noticed while messing around with it a little bit. We're only a couple guys though, and this was a very rocky scenario to base it off of. We will however do our best to make sure that the next update is hands down the best this can be.

For instance yes, those stats for Finlay are absurdly ridiculous. Thanks for pointing it out so we can address it. :) Please keep constructive grumbles like these coming!

Edited by SantIdol Marella

No picpack?

No pick pack. Searching for pictures from this era would flat out be a hassle to compile. Look around though, because I think DOTT has a pic pack that might work well with this.

David Finlay

Brawl: 62

Speed: 0

Technical: 0

Charisma: 50

wacko.gif

This is 1990 not 2000 something. I can see those stats on a mullet wearing young Finlay.

While Finlay's stats shouldn't be what they are in his prime, I'm sure he deserves better than zero in any category.

David Finlay

:wacko:

This is 1990 not 2000 something. I can see those stats on a mullet wearing young Finlay.

Finlay started wrestling in 1978. So by 1990 I have to believe he polished his skills a bit.

He really polished his skils in Germany, CWA I believe. Which was in the early 90s.

Just giving positive feedback!

Cactus Jack Manson

Brawl 95 (80, he just started wrestling)

Speed 35 (seems okay)

Technical 0 (50, Jack did amateur wrestling)

Charisma 87 (75, he wasn't at his full potential yet)

Edited by RvS

David Finlay

:wacko:

As previously stated yes by the 90’s Finlay was not at the top of his career but from my knowledge of him from around the area that was when he moved over to America to compete, true that is his current situation but still, I’m sure the fact he was an accomplished wrestler during these times, I’d say his tech should be at least low 40’s while his speed should be around 15, this is of course taking in the fact that this is not like the wrestling world today but around this time would have been the first real peak of Finlay’s career at a ability standpoint, also I’d personally think his charisma would be slightly higher since he was one of the top guys in the second tier of heels over here during the British days.