NFL 2009

livid

So Al Davis sent a three page letter to Tennessee basically running down Kiffin and calling him a liar and trying to say that he made one of their ex coaches breach contract to come to Tennessee. When will Al Davis just give up?

Do you have a hard on for Oakland or something? A Mexican gangster fetish or something?

Seriously, I think Kiffin's actions thus far at Tennessee has basically proven Davis right on that case.

The Lions have the 20th pick, if I were them I would try and turn that into Cutler and then use the top pick on a steady lineman to block for him.

The only way the Lions get Cutler without coughing up that #1 overall pick should be if Pat Bowlen just waves the poverty flag and says, "I can't afford to pay the guy." And even then, if the money's that tight, they can always try to trade out of the #12.

Nah, there's no way the value is there. Teams know Cutler wants out and that will drive his value down.

I'm thinking that if the Lions get him it will be for #20, #33 and then a conditional pick in 2010 which, really is pretty fair trade value for a guy who everybody knows wants out of there.

Nah, there's no way the value is there. Teams know Cutler wants out and that will drive his value down.

I'm thinking that if the Lions get him it will be for #20, #33 and then a conditional pick in 2010 which, really is pretty fair trade value for a guy who everybody knows wants out of there.

#33 almost seems like too much. I could see their 3rd or 4th taking the place of that. This isn't much different (with the exception of a little bit of money) than the Matt Cassell trade, and look how little the Chiefs had to give up for that.

I hear all of this talk about Cutler. Some people say he should get traded for the 1 pick in the draft, others say he should go this place or that place. The fact is one the guy is overrated. He's the best QB outta Lienart and Young but at this point thats not saying much.

The problem is your going to trade up in the draft and get what QB? Nobody has the hype and buzz like in past drafts so you have no idea what your getting. Not too mention your paying them more than your paying Cutler and still could wind up with nobody better than Chris Simms who wasn't playing bad in TB before the whole Spleen thing.

So trading Cutler for a draft pick is a bad idea. At this point Cutler is their best and only option.

I hear all of this talk about Cutler. Some people say he should get traded for the 1 pick in the draft, others say he should go this place or that place. The fact is one the guy is overrated. He's the best QB outta Lienart and Young but at this point thats not saying much.

The problem is your going to trade up in the draft and get what QB? Nobody has the hype and buzz like in past drafts so you have no idea what your getting. Not too mention your paying them more than your paying Cutler and still could wind up with nobody better than Chris Simms who wasn't playing bad in TB before the whole Spleen thing.

So trading Cutler for a draft pick is a bad idea. At this point Cutler is their best and only option.

Why would you want to keep an unhappy, "overrated" QB? Why would you even consider trading him for an even less proven commodity like Cassel? Nothing the Broncos have done recently has made sense. I hope they get stuck with Chris Simms as their starter for being idiots.

I'm siding with the Broncos here.

There was a trade offer, it didn't happen, but it was leaked by someone (either someone in the Pats front office, or Cutler's people themselves after they got wind of it.). Cutler throws a tantrum that is the equivalent of a girl freaking out because her boyfriend was talking to another girl.

"Don't you love me?" "Am I not good enough for you?"

My take...cut your losses, trade Cutler for whatever you can get.

I'd personally love to see Cutler go to Cleveland for Brady Quinn. And though I think Brady Quinn is going to absolutely suck as a starting QB, I would love to see that trade happen and Quinn thrive in Denver while Cleveland continues to toil below mediocrity with Joke Cutler at the helm.

I like Cutler.

If I were Denver though, I'd trade Cutler for a first round pick next year and then sign Leftwich or keep Simms as my temporary starter. If Simms sucks hard enough that you get a record 4 wins or below, you get a top pick for Tebow, Bradford or McCoy(or whichever is in that draft <_<)

It's like the 2010 Free Agency in NBA! Set yourself up to get those guys, Broncos. (Y)

No one is going to use a day one pick on Tebow.

Fixed that. Bradford is the only guy from that crop that shouldn't be a complete bust at the next level. The Broncos are killing themselves for no reason which is why this whole debacle is so amusing.

I'm not a huge Cutler fan and still think he has 'Strong arm stupid QB' syndrome, but seeing that they will probably get very little for him when he's a pretty high value commodity is definitely a waste for the Broncos. Why you would want to trade for Cassell (Other than familiarity) when you have a guy who had a pretty good year is beyond me. I think without him, the Broncos will be worse.

That said, they do have some talented receivers so even a guy like Simms could help lead them to a decent season. Mind you they still need lot's of help on D and to stay healthy on the ground.

Without Cutler, the Broncos are probably the worst team in that division, *maybe* a touch better than KC. Things are setting up for Oakland to get to .500, and in the West, who knows what could happen.

naiwf, I'm actually a pretty big Tebow fan, and think he can play at the next level. I'm not saying I'd spend a first day pick on him, mostly because no one else will, but I think the dude is just a damn good football player, and is going to be able to do some things.

He doesn't have a position in the pros. That's why I don't think a team will risk an early pick on him. He'd get killed if he was a RB or FB and he's not a pocket passer, so unless some team is going to try to make him the white version of Kordell Stewart I just don't see it.

I still think Tim Tebow will go in the first round, and have no doubt that he will go in the first day. I base this off the fact that if you look at past examples over the last few years of "big" quarterbacks that are playmakers like him, they all go on the first day. Hindes Ward was picked in the third round, A Randell El & Kordell Stewart the second round, Matt Jones the first round (WTF were they thinkin btw?)....

....true smaller QBs like Pat White, Brad Smith, Dennis Dixon, they may be taken later, but considering Tebow's size, added on top of all of his success in college, I don't see how he won't be a first or second round pick. That's not to say I believe he will do well in the pros (I personally think a lot of that will have to do with who selects him) but I have little doubt that he will be taken in the first or second round.

Tim Tebow = Eric Crouch Version 2.0

Tebow is better then Crouch in everything football related. Tebow unlike other QB's who play sort of like him, has accuracy and power. Tebow can be a good pro IMO.

But IMO Colt McCoy will be the best Pro QB coming out of this years or next years draft.

Simply because he has the best name. Colt McCoy, he was just made to be a Dallas Cowboys quarterback :shifty:

His name is pretty fitting for the Cowboys, but i think he can benefit any team he goes to. I'm not sure where he will get drafted, but he will help them out big time, IMO he is a better QB then Matt Ryan is and that should be proven when he starts. I think he could do wonders for the Lions, Jets, Broncos, Buccaneers. I'm not going to say he is going to become a HOF'er because that would be stupid to predict it now, but i think he will do well and if he stays healthy will eventually become one of the League's best QB's.