NFL 2009

livid

Apparently, Cowher would be interested in either Houston or Chicago. Trouble with the Bears is that Lovie's gonna cost a shitload for the next year or so if we dump him, and someone like Cowher's going to command a lot of cash.

I want Cowher or Brian Billick in Dallas. Jason Garrett is probably not going to be the next head coach - or won't last long, if he is - and Wade Phillips is probably gone after this year unless the `Boys make a deep playoff run. If anyone could afford to spend the cash Cowher would ask for, its Jerry Jones. (Jones being a rich mfer is the only thing I like about him; the Cowboys may be my favorite team, but I can't stand Jones - though, at least he's not an idiot when it comes to football like Dan Snyder, or batshit nuts like Al Davis)

And if he chokes late in the season or during the playoffs this year, Tony Romo needs to be gone from the team, too. Doesn't matter how good a QB you are if you can't get it done in the end.

Edited by GhostMachine

Sucks The Patriots defense is as bad as it is. If I didn't like Drew Brees as much as I do I would be more upset but really, I want both The Colts and The Saints to go undefeated just to laugh and laugh at Mercury Morris.

And we'll all laugh and laugh at the Patriots.

And wow, Belichick has a hard on for going for it on on 4th down tonight.

Fair enough, right now Patriots defense is so bad they wouldn't even be able to stop Brady Quinn, let alone Favre or Manning again. Just as long as they finish with a better record then the Jets then I am happy. Although they better use all those picks they got and really make-over this defense because that was just sad.

In all fairness, the Saints have been doing that to every defense they have faced. It's not like that's Matthew Stafford and the Lions out there throwing on your boys. The Pats will be ok. But I think it's more obvious now that the Saints aren't the "Texas Tech of the NFL" as I've heard over the last few weeks.

In all fairness, the Saints have been doing that to every defense they have faced. It's not like that's Matthew Stafford and the Lions out there throwing on your boys. The Pats will be ok. But I think it's more obvious now that the Saints aren't the "Texas Tech of the NFL" as I've heard over the last few weeks.

I can't decide which I want more as a Superbowl...Colts/Saints or Colts/Vikings. Both I think have epic game written on them.

So looking at both their schedules, there is a very big possibility that both the Colts and Saints will go undeafeated. I really hope that it happens, because it'll totally overshadow the Pats achievment two years back and the posibility of a Superbowl between two undefeated teams seems mouth wateringly brilliant.

Colts won't need to go undefeated. They'll clinch home field in Week 15 or 16 and rest their guys the last game or two, possibly resulting in a loss. As long as the Vikings remain on the Saints heels, though, they'll continue playing balls to the wall, so I'd say they're more likely to finish the regular season undefeated. No way do I see both teams doing it, though. Let alone both making it to the Super Bowl without a loss.

Caldwell seems more like a conservative coach, then a go-for-the-throat type. I think he'd (and I'd agree with the move) be more likely to rest his players at the end of the season, focusing on winning the Super Bowl and not trying to make his dick bigger, like the Hoodie in New England. That's just the impression that I get from him. I could be wrong, and he could have Manning throwing four touchdowns on Week 17, though.

There's also Manning's streak of starting games, which is 2nd only to Brett Favre as far as QBs go. I don't think he'd be too willing to let that go or even taint it by playing the opening drive then sitting. If 16-0 is on the fans will want them to go for it.

Edited by The Cool One

No, I'm not saying Manning wouldn't play at all. But there have been countless times when teams have wrapped up home field advantage, and have their starters play the first quarter, before taking them out to rest them and keep them healthy for the playoffs. Manning would never not start because of that. But I think Caldwell and the Colts would be conservative enough, to not throw Manning and Wayne and company into a game, just because they're losing 24-21 with three minutes to go in Week 17.

The Patriots didn't need to go undefeated, but when you're 14-0 or 15-0, why the hell wouldn't you go for 16-0?

because that was Bill Bellichek. this is the guy who leaves Tom Brady in to go up 56-0 on Tennessee or run up the score on other teams but takes him out when the Saints are up by 21.

I think Manning will start but like others said his action will probably be limited if the Colts lock up homefield.

I think if the Colts have the opportunity to go 16-0 they'll take it. Somebody wins the Superbowl every year, but only one team has ever won it after going undefeated. If the Colts have the opportunity to make history and accomplish something that might never happen again, I think they'll risk playing their starters in an otherwise meaningless game to do so, and I'll be very disappointed in them if they don't.

The Patriots didn't need to go undefeated, but when you're 14-0 or 15-0, why the hell wouldn't you go for 16-0?

because that was Bill Bellichek. this is the guy who leaves Tom Brady in to go up 56-0 on Tennessee or run up the score on other teams but takes him out when the Saints are up by 21.

Oiy, the Patriot love is so high here. I think Bill Belichick could cure cancer and some people would throw it back in his face thinking he was being egotistical trying to play god.

Moving on, so in my weekly pick em's at my work I'm stuck on the Cowboys/Giants game. Any one got any good insight?

Edited by Pepsi