NFL 2009

livid

It's still setting up for a Cowboys collapse when it matters (playoffs), even though this was a season saving win.

And I'll be happily detached and distant when it happens

josh cribbs breaks the nfl record for most kickoff return td's with his 7th just now...he also always leads the browns in special teams tackles. I remember when people actually said devin hester was better, high comedy

The Bears ruined Hester. Whether or not he's individually better than Cribbs, I don't know, but the whole return team were fan-dabi-dozi with the likes of Ayanbadejo and Adrian Peterson. All went tits up when Ayanbadejo was released and the got visions of grandeur over Hester.

Wow Steelers/Packers was absolutely the greatest game I've ever covered. If that was a college game the fans storm the field.

That's easily taken a spot in my all-time Top 5 games I've ever seen list.

Also, Troy Aikman needs some sleep. He didn't look too good in person today.

And I'm glad to see Josh Cribbs terrorize a team other than the Steelers.

no team in sports is or ever will be as lucky as the steelers.

My one gripe is when Clay Matthews nailed Big Ben and the Packers recovered the ball, only for it to be overturned when the Steelers challenged. NO WAY IN HELL that was an incomplete pass!

I'm honestly not sure what Roger Goodell is thinking. Trying to discourage Ocho Cinco from acting like he does has at least half a leg to stand on, even if the associated argument of professionalism is further eroded every time Al Davis is allowed to make a move, but I'm genuinely confused as to why paying tribute to a dead teammate and probably friend is now a bad thing. Guy's a fucking imbecile.

no team in sports is or ever will be as lucky as the steelers.

My one gripe is when Clay Matthews nailed Big Ben and the Packers recovered the ball, only for it to be overturned when the Steelers challenged. NO WAY IN HELL that was an incomplete pass!

It wasn't a bad call, just a bad rule.

I personally thought it was a fumble, but the rule says that if the arm is coming forward it's a pass. Therefore it's a pass. The rule sucks but that's how it goes.

So, for those of you not paying attention, by virtue of Eli Manning's performance against Washington yesterday, the final of the EWB Fantasy Football League 2009 will see Dragsy's Forte Yard Dash face off with my own Volt Dynasty.

Or, to put it another way, it's Philip Rivers, Ray Rice, Laurence Maroney, Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston, Fred Davis, Miles Austin, David Akers and the Philadelphia defensive unit vs. Eli Manning, DeAngelo Williams, Felix Jones, Wes Welkah, Andre Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Mason Crosby and the Cincinnati defensive unit.

Why do I suddenly feel like I've just broken my last paddle?