NFL 2009

livid

Chase's outrage over the Terrible Towel is just dumb. Not only because of the Western Kentucky University information HTTK posted (which I didn't know about), but because you see towels being waived all over the place in other sports besides pro football all the time. I've even seen it done at baseball games.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't get WHY Chase has his tighty whiteys (or whatever wears) in a knot, because I do know a bit about the background behind the Terrible Towel. And while I can't stand the Pittsburgh Steelers, I didn't approve when the Titans stomped on a Terrible Towel back in 2008 or when other teams have done stuff to one. Because its almost as if they're disrespecting Myron Cope and the school that the proceeds from the sales of them go to, not just the Steelers.

Colts should have used a different font for their own towel, though. Besides, isn't the font the same one - or one similar to - used in the Steelers text logo, anyway?

• Like 1

So Favre is saying its "highly unlikely" he'll return next season...

So I think that put us at Favrecon 3... :shifty:

Highly unlikely he'll show up for training camp, he means.

So basically like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJDRgVwcP8, except with an old white guy.

Don't the Canucks fans wave white flags after a coach in the sixties put a towel on a stick in mock surrender? Fans with towels has been around for ages, sure it's the Steelers' "thing" but I think the bigger issue would be the legal one what with the identical font. Still, it was TWO PEOPLE waving them as far as I ever saw, nothing worth whining about.

I'm always a fan of a player padding an already great resume, so I'll take the Colts for the big game.

I'd bet Brett Favre will be back. I'd be surprised that after how close the Vikings came, they would like another crack at it instead of having Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels in there.

Say what you want about Favre, he had one hell of a great season.

• Like 1

Don't the Canucks fans wave white flags after a coach in the sixties put a towel on a stick in mock surrender?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Power

Eighties, so after the terrible towel was already around.

Even so, it's a retarded thing to have a hissy fit over.

I'm always a fan of a player padding an already great resume, so I'll take the Colts for the big game.

I'd bet Brett Favre will be back. I'd be surprised that after how close the Vikings came, they would like another crack at it instead of having Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels in there.

Say what you want about Favre, he had one hell of a great season.

Oh, its going to be an interesting Super Bowl. Its a win-win situation, sorta, for football fans, unless you hate Peyton Manning or the Saints. Either the best QB in the NFL gets another ring, or a team that's never been to the Super Bowl wins their first championship their first time in the big game.

I'm not a Vikings fan, but I hope Favre comes back too. He really needs to stick around another season or two, provided he doesn't pull the retire then un-retire or wait until the last minute to decide he's coming back bull again. The Vikings also need to get AP some help/relief so they don't have to rely on him so much when they run.

However, if Favre retires, the first thing the Vikings need to do is acquire a new QB, be it through a trade, free agency or draft. No way they're getting anywhere near the playoffs if they have to rely on Jackson, and I don't think they'd get real far with Rosenfels, either. But I'd start Rosenfels over Jackson.

Edited by GhostMachine

Biggest current rumor is McNabb to the Vikings if Favre doesn't show. Don't see it happening, personally, but it has been said that a lot of Eagle players have been talking to Kevin Kolb than Donovan, so who the hell knows at this point?

That's the thing about Favre, though. He's not afraid to leave a team twisting in the wind until the week before the season and leave them unable to make alternate plans. Gotta admire that. [/TomJackson]

Matt Leinart is doing backflips of joy as we speak.

More likely shitting himself now that he may actually have to do something.

In other news, Gregg Williams did a fine job of pre-emptively shutting down all the bitching about how the Super Bowl referees wanted the Colts to win...by basically putting up a big neon sign saying "We're Trying to Kill Peyton Manning." Preliminary over-under on Brady Rule calls against the Saints defense: 8.

Of course, this won't stop the bitching once Peyton has a hot game, but no one can possibly say the Saints haven't asked for it now.

Wow I'm surprised. The Saints D played dirty so subtly last time

So with Vince Wilfork possibly being a free agent...I wouldn't mind seeing him get signed by New England and then Tampa bay offering up two second round picks and a third round pick for the dominant defensive tacile that we have been looking for for a long time. We keep our first and then can draft Eric Berry.

And with the Williams deal. I like it. I'm not a fan of Gooddell and the way he likes to shaft the defense. Some of the greatest football was played in the 70's and 80's because the players were allowed to play the game. That's what makes college football so great, (even with those lame celebration calls, come on, they are kids, half of them won't ever play again. Its preached that this game is all about fun, but the fun seems to be missing..alot.)

As a fan I like a good defensive game, big hits, a couple of injuries, low scoring...

Edited by Irish Car Bomb