Obligatory Bi-Monthly "We Like Covers" Thread

Benji

Crossroads(Robert Johnson) - Cream. I honestly do think Cream are the best blues band ever. I love them but I can't stand the majority of Eric Clapton's solo career.

Any reason megaupload thinks that's New Day Rising by Husker Du? ¬_¬

Oh, and thanks Timayy :D I was talking about Kakko's voice, but that'll do too, since I don't have it and the other isn't possible :shifty:

I got my copying and pasting mixed up. <_< I didn't take too much care because I assumed nobody looks at them anyway.

It's not a front for my massive piracy operation. Honest!

Edited by metalman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I went through a bit of a Halllujah patch a few years back, and this is one of the better covers that always seem to get overlooked. I can take or leave Lang most of the time, but I think she does this well.

Tiffany Jo Allen - Crazy - There is no reason at all why I should like this song. It's a cover of one my favourites songs of all time, performed by a girl of about fourteen... But I do. I can't help but feel that a lot of it is due to her playing it the same way I do o_O

Besides, do a search for a cover of anything on Youtube, and she's on the sarch result somewhere...

- Technically a cover :shifty: Probably not the one you've already seen, either.

- Yeah, the other song white guys like. But what the hell, it's a different take, and I'm a sucker for a video overlaying the original performance on the cover.

And I'd do more, but I'm getting a 1Mbps signal on my wireless, which is a lot slower than I remember...

Crossroads(Robert Johnson) - Cream. I honestly do think Cream are the best blues band ever. I love them but I can't stand the majority of Eric Clapton's solo career.

Oh, and thanks Timayy :D I was talking about Kakko's voice, but that'll do too, since I don't have it and the other isn't possible :shifty:

No worries dude. I can work on the other thing >_>

I got my copying and pasting mixed up. <_< I didn't take too much care because I assumed nobody looks at them anyway.

It's not a front for my massive piracy operation. Honest!

I usually don't, but I love the film, so... :shifty:

This is coming from someone that generally can't stand Oasis but I grudgingly admit that their cover of Neil Young's "Hey Hey My My" is pretty damn fine. Probably cause Liam isn't singing.

This, however, is a bloody abomination:

Edited by metalman

They also do a kickass cover of Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) by Concrete Blonde. I could only find an acoustic version on YouTube, and I'm too lazy to go searching for the studio version of the song.

I like the first cover, but thats probably as much because I really like the original song. Neat twist though, good stuff.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Pfft, Tatu's "How Soon Is Now" is great. That fella's opinion is invalid. And Shatner should be exempt from all "worst cover" lists, because he's awesome.

The rest is dreadful, though, although mostly a bit too "lol, it's a rock song and they aren't rock".

I really hate when people bring up that Avril covering System thing, she was just dicking around on stage. I reckon that would have been really fun to see live.

Edit: Actually, that reminds me of when I saw Trivium covering Eminem..

He jokes afterwards that he actually doesn't like Eminem, but I think this sounds fucking brilliant and I marked like a bitch when I saw them do it live.

Well, they got #1 right. I lost any respect I had left for Dave Navarro (he lost a big chunk for playing on Bad Boys 4 Life, or whatever its called) for playing on that abomination. Bringin' On The Heartbreak is one of Def Leppard's greatest songs, and Mariah's cover is only bearable the last 15 seconds or so.

However, Limp Bizkit's version of Behind Blue Eyes being their #2 is a joke. There are a LOT worse covers out there. How the fuck they have it #2 and Celine Dion's version of You Shook Me All Night long at #9 instead of the other way around is beyond me. And Britney Spears' version of Satisfaction should be on there instead of Shatner. William Shatner is pure awesome.

Regarding Eminem, I want either a country or pop cover of Slim Shady. A metal or nu-metal version would be too easy.

Edited by GhostMachine

"Quiver-voiced egomaniac" is a genius description of Mariah Carey, too...

Edit: And they have U2's cover of Hallelujah on there too. Good - it's an atrocious waste of everyone's time.

However, were in God's name is Madonna's American Pie?

Edited by James Casey

Right, now I know several people see 'Farmer Reil' in the music forum and decide to ignore it completely, but I urge you, people of EWB, this NEEDS to be heard.

It's absolutely fucking genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y150Lm4kZ_M

And don't turn it off when you see the word 'Turisas' either. I promise you, you'll regret it if you do.