Your 5 favourite players in your favourite team

1. Luciano Becchio - works his socks off, not as much talent as Beckford but 10 times the effort.

2. Fabian Delph - Probably the most talented player in the Leeds team.

3. Robert Snodgrass - Gives his all and is a top all-round player.

4. David Prutton - cuz I look like him, apparently.

5. Jermaine Beckford - he might be the biggest sulker I've ever met but 28 goals in all competitions, I think, will do me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support Benfica, so a lot of unknows will be in the list :tongue:

1- Ruben Amorim- Class. Just Class. Started as a CM in Belenenses, but, with Quique, is palying in the right. Consistent, fast, very intelligent with the ball. Out Top Buy this year

2- Pablo Aimar- Man, this guy is somewhat of a personal opinion. A big part of our fanbase doesn't like him, because he is always injured. However, when he is fit, he controls the team like no one. A perfect replacement for Rui Costa

3- Cardozo - Could be something huge, but huge, if he has wingers that serve him well. Has a very accurate finishing sense, and a Magical Left Foot.

4- Katsouranis - Another one from the Central Midfield. Can play as a Central Defender as well. The most consistent player of the team, hasn't had a bad game in all season

5 - Hassan Yebda - A authentic powerhouse. Has extraordinary class given his position (DMC). The best player in Benfica in the first 3 monthes.

Reyes, Suazo and Di Maria are being disapointments. Suazo is utter shit, Reyes has had 2 good matchas, and Di Maria is green as hell.

Form our Rivals, Porto, it's Hulk. A fucking beast, fast, with shot power that breakes walls and tha shit. The best Striker they had since Jardel.

The TOP 5 in my club goes likes this:

Eusébio

Coluna

Chalana

Bento

Rui Costa

Since I've moved away from Bristol, and hate Exeter's sports teams with a passion due to, shall we say, other affiliations, and now live in Cornwall where we have a whole one football team even close to the Blue Square South and they're still years away... I'll only be able to do a football list on Arsenal. I still enjoy watching football, but don't really support anyone except Arsenal (half-heartedly) any more. Might support Plymouth a bit more when I move there later this year though... anyway:

Arsenal:

Carlos Vela and Eduardo. Combined, they're still only 46 years old. Which is fucking scary. Easily the two most talented young strikers in the game, just as shame that they both play pretty much the exact same role, so will probably rarely play alongside each other. Still... injuring Eduardo only for him to be replaced by Vela off the bench = scary prospect for any defender. These two, along with Fabregas, pretty much personify Wenger's attacking mentality. If Gullit's Newcastle played 'sexy football', Arsenal play Kiera Knightly football. :shifty:

Nicklas Bendtner. I love Bendtner. Apparently he is to Wenger what Hogan was to McMahon, and is about as talented. Seems to operate the "quantity IS quality" school of shooting, does nothing at all better than anyone else, and quite a lot worse than most, but somehow is still considered a starting striker. You can't knock that.

Andrei Arshavin. My favourite player during the last World Cup, basically *was* the Russian team. Was immensely excited that he'd be signing for Arsenal, and so far he's been a bit quiet, but all foreigners are when they first arrive, aren't they? If anyone can return him to WC2007 form, Wenger can. The fact that he looks so similar to Bendter and is so clearly in a different league is also fun. Also deserves points for having his name bastardised every week by English press. Why exactly to we need to turn 'ei' into 'ey' for eastern europeans?

Kolo Touré. Probably the best central defender in the Premiership. There's simply nothing this guy can't do, it seems. He's built like a shithouse, yet can keep up with all but the paciest strikers, has excellent vision and passing for a defender, too. If you said "Name one person to clone 10 times and make a whole team out of him", my pick would be Touré.

Right, enough about football:

Stade Toulousain (aka Toulouse)

In rugby terms, my first team will always be the Cornish Pirates. But since nobody has ever heard of the likes of Ed Fairhurst, we'll go with Toulouse. :P

The holy trinity: Vincent Clerc, Maxime Medard and Cedric Heymans. In my opinion THE best back line in world rugby, and although it's entirely unfair to do so, I'm pinning France's failure in this years six nations entirely on Clerc's injury (not that Julien Malzieu is bad, mind...). It's primarily down to these three that France are so awesome to watch, as all three are completely fearless (despite Clerc being half the size of most players ¬_¬) and willing and able to launch a counter-attack no matter how deep into their half they happen to be. In addition, Medard has THE best sideburns in the world, and is younger than me. That's just unfair.

Thierry Dusautoir. If the 2007 RWC quarter final performance leaves any room for doubt (he personally made 36 tackles, more than the entire All Blacks side in the match, and scored a try), since then he's left absolutely none. The guy is a fucking beast. Every bit the flanker that Chabal is, and then some.

Yannick Jauzion. One of the best centres in the world. If you could stick bits of various people together to create the perfect centre, he'd probably only just be better than Jauzion, and would look fuck ugly. So best to stick with the original, in my book.

I still think Toulouse should steal Harinordoquy from Biarritz though. Then I'd have a new #1. And they'd be invincible.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Arsenal

1: Cesc Fabregas. One of the best players in the world and it seems like he's been around forever haha

2: Manuel Almunia. Massivley proved me wrong who needs shay given. Manuel is better and blonder haha

3: Gallas. For showing he cares about losing at Birmingham last season haha

4: Arshavin: CHeck out his goal and performance against blackburn and you'll see why

5: Toure: Last surviving member of the invincibles miss the rest of them :(

Phil Jagielka

Perfect tackles, always in the right place, cannot pass a ball but gives John Terry and Rio Ferdinand a run for their money defensively

Mikel Arteta

Controls the midfield, we look useless without him at the moment

Marouane Fellaini

Always pops up with an important goal, although my liking for him has gone a bit since the afro went :(

Tim Cahill

Not afraid to get stuck in, gives 100% every game, we need more like Tiny Tim

Jack Rodwell

I can see him leaving us for someone like United in the near future, looks like a premiership player already, so cool on the ball.

4. David Prutton - cuz I look like him, apparently.

You look like Jesus? :lol:

My top five of the current Rovers crop would probably be...

1. Neil Sullivan-He's improved a lot since we stepped up a division, which is impressive for a 39 year old man. He doesn't show his age and has had a legendary career, and is a genuinely nice guy on and off the pitch.

2. James Coppinger-Our longest serving player who joined us out of the Conference from Exeter and has been an integral part of the side for five years. He's got tremendous skill and if he was a little bigger and stronger he'd be a Premiership footballer.

3. Paul Heffernan-Our main goalscorer who's chipped in with his fair share of goals over the course of the last four years. An important part of the JPT win in 2007, scoring 9 goals in the tournament including one in the final, and is our top scorer this season too.

4. Jason Price-Not that good as a player really, more of a nuisance factor to defenders, but he was dubbed the Afro Goal Machine soon after joining and has also scored some important goals over the past few years. Most importantly, he's the most charismatic member of the team and is always a good laugh.

5. Matt Mills-Brilliant defender who could easily play in the Premiership one day. Still young, still improving and already a fantastic asset to the team. Was integral in last season's promotion run and was a good spot by Sean O'Driscoll out of the Man City youth team.

Of the current Hearts team, it's got to be:

Andrew Driver - For being the most consistent performer of the season and keeping his head level and for not moving to Coventry in January, plus he's basically the only threat we have going forward.

Christian Nade - He might be a bit overweight, lazy and generally useless at hitting the target but he tries, plus he goes on long mazy runs where he beats about 6 players, plus he was a nice guy when I had a chat with him.

Eggert Jonsson - Has played almost everywhere this season, never complained once despite rarely playing in his position of central midfield, rarely makes mistakes and has been consistant all season.

Lee Wallace - For coming on leaps and bounds this season and forming a lethal partnership on the left with Driver.

David Obua - Got pelters from the fans the first few games for being lazy, uninterested and generally crap, since then, he's been wonderful and loves the club and dances at full time when we win.

Honourary mention to Bruno Aguiar but he's turned into a lazy sod now so he's off the list.

Oh come on Bruno Aguiar needs to be there. Even I like him.

Oh I do love him, but he's incredibly infuriating.

He'll pull off a genius pass and set up something, do nothing for about 40 minutes then provide magic for a goal.

Then have a wee moan when he's taken off.

Atleast he's still better than Stewart <_<

Steve Harper, Joey Barton (I don't know why, I really don't. I have an inexplicable love for him), Shola Ameobi (I go through love/hate phases), Jonas Gutierrez, Damien Duff (I always pick him in fantasy league teams for some reason).

Though, since he has a squad number (44 ftw) and is therefore technically part of the current squad, and I actually know him, I should really say James Marwood. But he has a fucked knee and usually only appears for the reserves, so I won't. :shifty:

Tottenham:

- Robbie Keane. He is no longer a cog!

- Aaron Lennon

- Michael Dawson

- Tom Huddlestone

- Jermaine Jen... ahaha, no. Jamie O'Hara (H)

Manly Sea Eagles:

- Brett Stewart

- Steve Matai

- Glenn Stewart

- Matt Ballin

- Josh Perry

Aussie cricket team:

- Michael Clarke

- Mitchell Johnson

- Andrew Symonds (get your shit together, son)

- Michael Hussey

- Phil Hughes

For The Vikings;

1. Kevin Williams

2. Jim Kleinsasser

3. Steve Hutchinson

4. Chris Kluwe

5. Jared Allen

Twins;

1. Scott Baker

2. Joe Mauer

3. Justin Morneau