• Date With the Night
    • Pin
    • Maps
    • Y Control
    • Gold Lion
    • Cheated Hearts
    • Down Boy
    • Zero

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs has leaked onto the internet and since their new release coming up at the end of the month and since they are quite well liked by the indie crowd, I figured they were the perfect band to do next.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are one of those bands that released one good album - Fever to Tell - and than released complete and utter crap. I haven't liked any of their EPS or LPS. Show Me Your Bones was dull, boring and lacked anything that made Fever to Tell special. Their new album follows in the same steps. It just doesn't capture the beauty that their first album really was.

On the singles front - Maps was overplayed and really wasn't that good. Gold Lion is the same story. Date with the Night on the other hand is an apt title. Dirty, sexy and aggressive, the single was everything the Yeah Yeah Yeah's did in a nut shell. They could rock, they could howl, they were loud. Karen O's vocals on Date with the Night are off the charts on how awesome they are.

The Yeah Yeah Yeah's are just a whole lot of fun.

You're spot on about Date with the Night. That's my single favorite song.... but doing a chick voice and rocking out to Maps on Rock Band is always fun too.

I haven't heard the new album yet, despite its' leak, but I'm looking forward to more fun, danceable and aggressive tunes.

Fine band, though, the last two records aren't nearly as awesome as Fever to Tell. And I was huge on "Maps" and still am because of time and place. And I have no argument supporting my love of it.

But yes, the new record...just not as good. Not bad, but not as good.

Ahhh I love Yeah Yeah Yeahs, probably cos they were never overplayed in England. Modern Romance is probably the better "slow" track though. Pin is just a brilliant 2 minute burst of energy although I'm rather partial to belting out Date With The Night at karaoke.

Gave them a six because I enjoy their music when I heard it and I really dig "Date with the Night" and "Y Control" but at the same I have no overwhelming desire to actually seek out their albums at any point whatsoever. They're solid, but not my thing.

Gave them a six because I enjoy their music when I heard it and I really dig "Date with the Night" and "Y Control" but at the same I have no overwhelming desire to actually seek out their albums at any point whatsoever. They're solid, but not my thing.

This.

I will listen to them without protest if a friend plays a song by them or if they pop up on the radio, but I've never sought out there music. They are a decent band but ultimately I just can't get behind them all that fervently.

Fever To Tell.

Pin.

I like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. A LOT. Amazing in concert too. My girlfriend at the time took me to see them in San Francisco a few years back as a birthday present and I've been hooked. I do believe their latest EP, Is Is was really good. Haven't heard the newest yet, but will certainly buy it when it hits.

I'll give them a 5.5/6...let's just say 6 to be nice. They're a solid band, I like a handful of stuff, but I still haven't got around to listening to the new album, I don't particularly listen to them much, and unless there was something incredibly special I doubt I'd see them live (I've just thought, fuck a Yeah Yeah Yeahs gig, supported by Los Campesinos! would actually be pretty fucking epic :shifty:)

Yeah, good songs, but nothing overly fabulous.

Fever To Tell

Maps

If the next one of these is not on Barenaked Ladies, I'm kicking off. :shifty: