Video Game Stories

Scarface

I just got done playing a game of Madden while my brother was over, and never saw something like this on EWB. There's got to be some classic moments while you were playing some video games, so I figure we should post them here. Heres one to start us off:

I'm playing my brother in Madden '04, he's the Lions, I am the Titans. He says he didn't want to play anymore at the start of the second quarter, so he said we'll end it there. I beat him at the end of the half 12-10, and he says afterwards that he wants to play, and that he said "we might end at the half". I'm cool with it, I'm in the lead. This kid cheats bad, he uses that motion glitch thing where the defender gets caught up on covering the guy in motion, and he tends to try that a lot, which gave him the touchdown before the half. But whatever, it's bullshit. The game ends 20-19, the kid wins over a BULLSHIT finish. Here's how it goes.

Madden Score: 8/1/04

MJU: 19 (Myself)

MAU: 20 (Brother)

Highlight of the Game: MJU drops back with :32 left, bombs one hail mary and gets tackled at MAU's 30. With no timeouts and the clock ticking down, MJU sets an audible and drops back with :02 left on the clock. McNair drops back a few yards, breaks two defenders, and throws to his boy Tyron Calico. Calico catches at the ten, but is stopped by Dre Bly at the 1 yard line to end the game. BULLSHIT!

So come here and post your stories, you know you want to.

I was playing my friend at NFL Street a while back using the Pick-up teams. Anyways I was 6 points away from getting the win and I had possesion. McNabb throw the ball up and it bounced off about 5 guys when I cam dashing in with McNabb to jump up and grab the catch in the end-zone for the win. It was freaking amazing.

Guest SelfHighFive

I was getting my ass handed to me by my buddy in the Royal Rumble in WM19 for GC. It came down to us 2, and he was literally knocking me around, couldn't get a shot off. Anyway, he's trying to whip me out of the ring, and every time he tries, I manage to get back into the ring.

So finally he hits me with 3 Shining Wizards thinking he's all badass and goes to throw me out. At this point the best I've gotten is a couple punches in, but I reverse the whip, and knock him out to win. All that violence for no reason, gotta love it.

I had a goddamn CLASSIC match on SmackDown HCTP against my friend Tom - it went for something like 10 minutes and could easily have been a real life PPV match, because everything just went perfectly.

It was The Hurricane (him) vs Matt Hardy (me)

For example at the end of a grueling back-and-forth match, Hurricane went and picked up a chair from ringside. He came back into the ring, and took a running swing at Hardy - only for Matt to move out of the way and for Hurricane to hit the referee on the back of the head.

Matt tried to take the chair off him, but got hit in the gut and smashed over the head with the chair instead. Hurricane hooked the leg...but the referee was down! Annoyed, Hurricane got off and picked the chair up and waited for Matt to rise to his feet. Matt did so, and Hurricane ran in again...but Matt ducked, grabbed the chair, and delivered a DDT onto the steel chair!

Matt hooked the leg, and we waited as the referee slowly started to move (I was literally yelling "Count the fall! Count the fall! Count the fall!" ala JR at this point). The referee made the slow and tired count - 1.........2.........3! Matt Hardy wins it!

Another classic encounter is when playing Tekken 4 and having the "Catholic School Girl Ultimate Death Match". You select the maximum number of rounds (first to 5 wins) and choose Ling Xiaoyu in the school girl uniform, and her ginger haired friend (forget her name), who is also wearing the same uniform. Since both characters are identical to eachother, abilities and moves-wise, such encounters are always awesome, and seem to almost end up going down to the last round with one person winning 5-4.

I was playing NHL 2004 and was in the 2007 season. I was the Habs and I was facing my rivals the Detriot Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals. When I say Rivals, there's like 15 fights a game, and something like 200pim in the games I play against them.

It's game 7 and I came back from a 3-1 lead. I was out of gas though as I lost Kovalchuk, Marcel Hossa and Komisarek who were top players on my team to injury during the series. I was down 4-1 in the third period with under 10 min to play. Espen Knutsen managed to tally up a goal with 8 minutes. The momentum was swinging my way, but time seemed to be against me. With three minutes to go, Ward took a beautiful one timer pass from Beauchemin and buried it. I was really into the game now, as was the crowd cheering for les tri couleurs.

I entered the final minute with huge momentum as I was throwing hits like there was no tomorrow and wasn't letting Detroit in my defensive zone. An errant pass from a Detroit player fell right on the stick of Hainsey who sped his way past the redline and into a breakaway. I was convinced that this would be the goal to tie it up. He deked and the goalie was way out of position, but botched the shot and hit the side of the net. With 30 or so seconds to go, I regained the puck and started to bombard the net with shots. With 6 seconds to go Markov slapped one from the blue line into the net tying up the game.

Going into overtime, this game was mine. 12 seconds into the overtime period and Markov blasted another one in to win the series and the cup.

Guest Mr McFarlane

I was playing Legend of Zelda and this mean looking orange spider came up and I was all "EAT BOOMERANG SPIDER!". And then I hit him with my boomerang  :thumbsup:

You can close the topic,

We've found the greatest story ever. (I'm serious)

Yeah I was playing him in poker and I had an extra ace hid up my sleeve and I slipped it in and my 3 aces beat his 3 kings and...

Oh wait thats the other thread

I was playing my friend in NBA ballers on ps2 . we decided to play without rules no taking it out and etc.

he frigging hosed me during the game. he'd shoot make the shoty and immediately get the rebound. He did this everytime and i wasn't able to get a goal.

another gaming story:

a bunch of my friends and myself got together and had a tournament in Pride fc on ps2. i was dan severen . I blasted through the first 4 rounds by starting the match going for a standing ankle hold . i couldn't counter resulting in a tapout. in the finals is was Dan Severen(me) vs. Tito ortiz(friend) first 5 rounds were nothing bu a punch and kick fest , finally around the 10 round i tricked him. i went in the motions of going for the ankle hold he tried a roundhouse to stop me from proceeding. I blocked took him down and made him tap with a choke.

Guest Josef Stallion

Joey fucking Harrington. In ESPN NFL 2K5 when I was down 13-17 he tries to connect with a pass up the middle to Roy Williams for a potential 1st down. Guess what? He blows it. With the game on the line .. HE blows it. This gives us no choice but to punt it off(it being the 3rd down and we not wanting to go for a punt run or pass because it's a very risky move). A few minutes later and it's over. We lose.

Well to cut a long story short...

Pro Evo 3. I'm at my friends and the guy I'm playing takes like a 4-0 lead because I get 2 guys sent off. Anyway there's like 30 minutes left(Gametime not real life) and I start firing everything at him. I pull two back and start to feel the adrenaline pumping. Ten minutes left and I head it in...3-2....Injury time...Totti on ball for me...he shoots...CROSSBAR AND IN...NO THE REFEREE RULES IT OUT IT WASN'T OVER THE LINE THE GAME CONTINUES AND I LOSE...GAY!

:shifty:

Me and my friend had an Epic of a match on Smackdown: Just Bring It, which at the time may I mention was the greatest game ever. Anyway, I was Triple H and he was Stone Cold and I swear we must have fought for twenty minutes since no-one could get a finisher in without it being reversed. In the end, my mate finally hit another Stunner...and by Stunner, we're talking big-ass Stone Cold Stunner here! Anyway, I looked to be out for the count as he approached me all the while boasting that hbe had the match won...However, rather than pressing Down + O (which is a pin) he pressed something like Left + O which only made Stone Cold lift me up. So with me standing they're groggy, he runs at me with a clothesline...I duck under, PEDIGREE~! Three count and an end to a +20 Minute Match...

Just a short story, but playing on Knights of the Old Republic with a friend watching.

I came across a huge huge pack of 'Albino Kath Hounds' (they hadn't seen me yet). I had no chance of beating them in a close quarters fight, so I chose to throw a grenade. After seemingly spending ages choosing a grendade I carefully aimed at threw. The grenade landed right in the middle of the pack of hounds, and exploded...................and shaved only the smallest slither of health off one of the hounds. The whole heard turned round, looked at my character - their was a short cinemetic pause - and charged.

I sat, totally motionless and expressionless for a second before just going 'Fuck................'.

Was quite funny at the time.

And on Pro Evo 3, my friend kicked my ass all match (I mean totally owned me), but could only score once, before I scored twice in the last 10 minutes (game time) to win. That stories always a classic.

I was playing SmackDown: HCTP in a Hardcore Time Limit Title match. I was Rhyno and was dominating pretty much the entire match, and was the champ all the time until the bastard hit me with his finisher and pinned me for the belt with 2 minutes remaining. Well, I took his ass to school for the remainder of the time and then out of nowhere GORE GORE GORE with 7 seconds left...1...2...GOD DAMN IT THE TIME RAN IT!

I was so pissed off, but it was a classic moment.

The was also the No Mercy moment. I was Jeff Hardy against my created Rey Mysterio in a ladder match. The match was even all the way through, but I eventually managed to knock him out whilst on the table. I set up the ladder in the ring, climbed up, Swanton Bom...BASTARD MOVED! I hit the Swanton Bomb through the friggin table as he climbed the ladder and won the match.

Recently, I've been hooked on WWF No Mercy.

I was playing a caged match as Raven (CAW), facing Cactus Jack. The difficulty was said to either hard or expert (I believe it was expert, as Cactus was harder than he should've been.) The match went nearly 45 minutes, and was back and forth the whole time. By the end of the match, both of us were beat down good enough for a pin fall, but you can't do that in a cage match. Anyways, I was finally back in the advantage, and was going to end the match. Cactus was standing across from me, beside the ropes/frame of the cage. I run at him, and stuppidly pressed Up C (During matches as Raven, I usually run at the opponent, slide out onto the apron by pressing Up C, and nail a guillotine.) Pressing that caused me to start climbing up the cage. I said 'fuck it', and continued climbing. Foley followed me. He got out before I did. :(

Even though I was on the recieving end of this, it was pretty cool.

Three-way death match on Halo. The Blood Glutch level. I was behind the red base, one of my friends was on one of the ledges that go lengthways across each level (Friend A). Another of my friends was at the other end of the map (Friend B).

Me and the Friend A on the ledges both had snipers. After a lengthly stand-off, we both though fuck-it, and lept out of our cover. We both zoomed in with our snipers, and started paning across to see each other. For a split second I cheated and glanced at his screen. I was closer to targetting him then he was me. It was going to be tight, like down to a second MAX, but I was going to kill him. Without moving the curser up or down, I was in-line for a perfect headshot. My finger was just split-seconds away from pulling the trigger, and killing him - when friend B ran me over in a Warthog.

I wept like a baby..............

I was playing Smackdown 4 I think it was, against my brother. I can't remember the exact wreslters, but it was a ladder match anyway. Nothing too special about the match except for the finish, where the funniest thing I saw in the game ever happened. We had the ladder set up at an angle, facing the turnbuckle for whatever reason, but you could still reach the belt if you jumped.

Anyway, I was near the opposite turnbuckle, and he was between me and the ladder. I ran towards him as he turned round, looking to climb the ladder, but since his back was facing me, I leapfrogged over him, and carried on running up the ladder, but I was facing out of the ring now. In the confusion, I tried jumping for the belt, but ended up jumping straight out of the ring in one fluid motion.

Twas great :D

I was playing SSB:Melee with my brother and two of his friends. I was Captain Falcon, he was Pikachu, one friend was Kirby, and the other was Marth. I was getting my ass handed to me and was in last. We were playing with stock of 10 lives. Here's how it looked.

Me: 3

Pikachu: 7

Kirby: 6

Marth: 8

So then something happened and I went nuts. Eventually both Kirby and Marth were eliminated and it came down to my brother and me.

Me: 1

Pikachu: 4

So I'm like fucked right? Nope. Something happened and I KOed him 3 times. So all I have to do is get one more Falcon Punch in and I'll probably win. Then the biggest act of bullshit ever occurs, his friend "accidentally" knocks the controller out of my hand causing my brother to knock me off the field of play. Needless to say I decided to then play F-Zero GX with them and that was where I laid the smackdown.