The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

Sky Sports says Hull have bid £6million for Fraizer Campbell and that Stoke, Fulham and Synderland are also interested. £6mil is a lot of money for a 21 year old with just 1 PL start to his name and I'm sure Fergie will take the money and run.

They also say Wigan have recieved bids of over £16million for Antonio Valencia from Real and United. We need another winger and Valencia appears to fit the bill quite nicely so hopefully he'll choose us over Madrid.

I can totally see us in the race for Campbell, bit of a gamble and y'know, David Bellion always springs to mind with Sunderland signing young, quick black strikers from Man Utd (it's a very specific group). Obviously there's more talent in Campbell, but it's us, so he'll probably end up shit.

We need strikers though, I can't see Healy staying for the long run so I wouldn't be too shocked to see a strikeforce that features Jones, Bent and Campbell next year. That's assuming he comes to us, but a strike force of that ilk be it them players of similar types, I heard Bruce wanted to maybe bring Crouch across - but I can't see a strike force with Jones and Crouch up top. Wouldn't be shocked to see Bent, we're always the name floating around when it comes to his future it seems.

I'd love us to sign Trezeguet :( If our summer signings consisted of Tuncay, Distin, Trezeguet and Lavezzi I'd be ecstatic, with Babel, Dossena and Voronin all going. Unfortunately I don't see clubs wanting to sell their players for some loose change and party size boxes of smarties.

I'm not sure how much you'd get out of Trezerguet nowadays. It seems like he's really close to the end of his career and I don't see him as a player who's got nowhere near enough to offer to a team like Liverpool. Many years ago it could of worked, but he's a shadow of his former self now and if anything he'd be like a second rate Crouch in the Premiership. I hate to knock him, because I used to love the guy, but I think Liverpool would be mad to ever go for him, even as a back up. Juve have tried to drain the last few drops out of him it seems. I cant see him going to a very big club, a middle table club would probably be the best for him. I'm just not sure how he'd do in England though, not too confident of that one. Wouldn't even be surprised if he went over to France and finished off his career down there.

Haven't kept up with the market too much over the last week, any more news on the Tevez stuff yet? I thought that was supposed to be addressed by now?

Hmm if Sunderland are going for young black strikers why not go for Daniel Sturridge? I mean he's out of contract soon, and everyone knows that the presumed move to Chelsea is complete rubbish.

Plus he's had quite a few starts and scored a few goals, far better value than spending £6m for the same type of player.

hahaha. this is pretty irrelevant but it's about football so I might as well put it here.

Anyone remember Ulrich van Gobbel who used to play for Holland, Feyenoord and Southampton?

well...

Ulrich Van Gobbel received a 4 month prison sentence for buying cars on credit and selling them on without paying the car company. Although the Dutch police have not been able to locate Van Gobbel, it is believed he is in Suriname.[

In what world is Campbell worth 6m? Potential and all that jazz but with Derbyshire likely to leave for half that fee and about the same age I would rather have matty who has actually made an impact in Greece (lower standard of league sure but when are Hull or Blackburn next going to be playing the CL) than Campbell any day of the week.