The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

If I was a Tottenham supporter, I know I'd be scared that my club was running under the same transfer policy as Man City. Strikers, strikers, strikers, fuck the back line.

Hmm, Redknapp has said he's looking to sign a central defender and it looks like if Crouch comes in we'll be selling Bent. So no, not the same policy at all.

We've also got six centre backs which is more than most teams. Just unfortunate that 3 are injured for a bit. Nevermind.

Anyway we've covered this before.

All Spurs really need is a decent left winger...As usual.

Are you counting reserve CBs or players who can play CB there?

How about Bentley, surely he wouldn't cost much and would dominate either wing.

What? You already have him? ¬_¬

All Spurs really need is a decent left winger...As usual.

Bentley is neither.

It looks like Modric will be our first choice left midfielder again with O'Hara and Bale able to play there. I don't mind Modric playing left, we played pretty well with him there towards the end of last season. Palacios and Vieira/Jenas/Huddlestone in the middle and we're set in the midfield.

And Crouch to Spurs? There's nothing wrong with the strikeforce they've got, but seemingly Harry has something against Pavlyuchenko, who's far better than Crouch IMO.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat. How people still don't realise how good Crouch is is insane.

If I was a Tottenham supporter, I know I'd be scared that my club was running under the same transfer policy as Man City. Strikers, strikers, strikers, fuck the back line.

Hmm, Redknapp has said he's looking to sign a central defender and it looks like if Crouch comes in we'll be selling Bent. So no, not the same policy at all.

Except...Hughes has sold a couple of strikers and is looking to sign a central defender. Yeah, those are really different policies.

The Ibrahimovic deal has gone through apparently.

Lets step back for a minute and look at the big deals so far, it's phenominal when you think about it.

Ronaldo to Madrid

Kaka to Madrid

Tevez to City

Benzema to Madrid

Ibrahimovic to Barcelona

Eto'o to Inter Milan

And that's just naming some of the bigger signings, this window has been immense. You would not have expected a single one of those players to change clubs back in January and now six have. Unbelievable.

The Ronaldo transfer uncertainty was less about motivation, more about whether Madrid could actually afford to bid for him. Up until they made a bid for Kaka all it seemed to be empty words and speculation, and even after Kaka most people assumed that would be it for the year.

Then again I may have just been naive thinking that no-one would break the transfer window this season other than Man City, only for two (or three if you count the Eto'o to be worth about £40m ¬_¬) record breaking signings to happen just like that.

I think the balance of power may be shifting this year. from england back to spain and Italy

If by 'balance of power' you mean 'currency strength' and 'nicer tax systems', then yes. Yes it has. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Crouch has now completed his move to Spurs. It's a good move for Spurs in my opinion but Portsmouth really need to spend their oil money quite quickly otherwise their team is going to really struggle this season. If Campbell and Distin leave as expected, that leaves Pompey with one of the worst squads in the league.

If the squads stay relatively similar to how they are now, this season could be very tight. Chelsea, Liverpool and United seem to have squads quite close to each other in terms of strength and quality. Because none of these teams have significantly improved their sides from how they finished last season, as long as the chasing pack are able to strengthen their team up, then the gap should close a little and make for an even closer league. Arsenal are still perhaps a couple of signings away from being able to push the other three and really challenge but it's definitely possible if Wenger is active in the next month and finds the right guys to come in. City and Spurs look strong and should be going for a top 6 spot. Everton and Villa are the ones that need the most work to their squads to be able to survive any potential injury crisis and still be able to keep going strong until next May.

Spurs have signed Crouch. Fee around £10m, he's agreed terms and passed a medical.

Darren Bent was on the plane ready to go to our pre-season tournament in China but got a phone call before take-off and got off. Presumably that means a deal will be done for him in the next couple of days, most likely Sunderland unless something comes out of left field.