Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Guest Raving Rich

1-0 at half time means 9 goals in the 49 minutes of the second half. That's just ridiculous. I've never seen a team fall apart so badly since we lost to Man Utd last season.

Which inspires this chant for Roberto Martinez:

"You should've stayed at the Swansea!

Stayed at the Swansea!

You should've stayed at the Swansea!"

Martinez has one again been found out as a fucking tool.

No, I do fully expect Wigan to come out and be absolute arseholes against us and not let us just hammer them. From memory our record against Wigan isn't the best, plus it's Bruce going back to his old club (unfortunately no Cattermole) and we'll see if Figueroa is playing since he didn't today and we all suspect he'll be a Mackem come January anyways.

We need to take advantage of the fact they just got thrashed, attack them from the off and hopefully if it looks bleak then their 7 fans or so will get a bit itchy and on their players backs.

We've not been fan-dabi-dozi away from home, next Saturday would be a good opportunity to turn that around and as much as we all want emulate a phenomenal 9-1 result as close as possible, I'll obviously take a 1-0 victory with the goal coming off Nosworthy's cock.

No, I do fully expect Wigan to come out and be absolute arseholes against us and not let us just hammer them. From memory our record against Wigan isn't the best, plus it's Bruce going back to his old club (unfortunately no Cattermole) and we'll see if Figueroa is playing since he didn't today and we all suspect he'll be a Mackem come January anyways.

We need to take advantage of the fact they just got thrashed, attack them from the off and hopefully if it looks bleak then their 7 fans or so will get a bit itchy and on their players backs.

We've not been fan-dabi-dozi away from home, next Saturday would be a good opportunity to turn that around and as much as we all want emulate a phenomenal 9-1 result as close as possible, I'll obviously take a 1-0 victory with the goal coming off Nosworthy's cock.

Yeah, I'd imagine Bruce will tell your lads to get in amongst them from the kick off and just harass as much as possible. Score an early one and Wigan heads will drop.

I googled Erik Edman to check if he used to play for Spurs as I thought, and found the news headline at the top of the page from 9 hours ago hilarious. 'Edman return pleases Martinez'.

I'm wondering if he maintains that opinion now. :lol:

EDIT: And I'm sick of people calling Kyrgiakos 'Kirriakos'. The commentator in the Lyon game did, then the commentator on the Man City game and now Adrian Chiles.

Edited by AdamDRFC

The Wigan players are to refund any fans who bought tickets for the Spurs game:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8374893.stm

Really Chris Kirkland should be exempt and Edman should be paying the bulk, but it's really just a PR exercise more than anything else.

I always enjoy seeing a decision go against Man Utd but if you're going to start giving penalties every time a player gets his shirt pulled on a free kick or corner, football scores are going to start looking like rugby.