Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Is there always such a big gap for new year?! Is it FA Cup or something?

December is glorious though - Everton, Wolves, Man City, Blackburn, Fulham, West Ham. Gotta be double figures points out of the 18 available.

Or 6 points only for definite >_>

1.Arsenal

2.Man Utd

3.Chelsea

4.Everton(I wish :P )

5.The Shite

6.Aston Villa

7.Tottenham

8.Man City

9.Fulham

10.Portsmouth

11.Sunderland

12.Bolton Wanderers

13.Blackburn Rovers

14.West Ham

15.Stoke City

16.Wigan Athletic

17.Birmingham City

18.Hull City

19.Burnley

20.Wolves

Obviously I'm just being optimisitic but I think we've got the best chance of breaking the top four. I don't know why, I just fancy Arsenal bringing a few good players in this season and with Arshavin, Fabregas and Nasri to choose from aswell as Rosicky returning, could be some nice selection problems for Arsene. I think they could do with a holding midfielder however.

Here's a question: Why do people think that the world would end if Liverpool in the title? I mean everywhere I go I hear that it's better X win it than Liverpool, for we'll never live it down.

Do these people realise that it's the same for everyone else when their team wins something and they proceed to celebrate forever?

In my experience, and this is just my group of friends + a few other people I've come across, of all the fans of the big four (fans used loosely) Liverpool fans seem to be the worst winners of the lot, even a 1-0 win against anyone is massive for them - so when they put 4 past Man Utd, Real and Villa in succession is was very bad - and if they won the league, well, I'd hide.

I think it's more a case of Man Utd have won it 3 times in a row, Chelsea and Arsenal have won it recently too but Liverpool haven't - and it makes them really a bit bitter, combined with their horrible attitude in general.

Obviously that's just a specific group, there are perfectly acceptable Liverpool fans in the same way there are Newcastle fans but because of the way it is they are portrayed as fat shirtless cunts with "Cockney Mafia Out" signs while demanding perfection. Just the way it is.

Edited by IAceI

Every club fanbase has a stereotype.

Liverpool fans are as stok and IAceI described.

Spurs and Newcastle fans are deluded (but only one of those is in the Premier league this season :pervert: ).

Man Utd fans are glory hunting arseholes.

Meh, I could continue but can't be bothered.

Personally, I'd sooner take the two Liverpool supporters I know (and who semi-regularly attend games) gloating than the 50 part time scum fans acting like they know the first thing about football.

Is there always such a big gap for new year?! Is it FA Cup or something?

December is glorious though - Everton, Wolves, Man City, Blackburn, Fulham, West Ham. Gotta be double figures points out of the 18 available.

Or 6 points only for definite >_>

They'll beat Wolves and probably Blackburn. I can see them losing or drawing the rest so I'd say 9 points.

Every club fanbase has a stereotype.

Liverpool fans are as stok and IAceI described.

Spurs and Newcastle fans are deluded (but only one of those is in the Premier league this season :pervert: ).

Chelsea fans are glory hunting arseholes.

Meh, I could continue but can't be bothered.

I can't stand Chelsea fans.

Indeed. It would be nice if they gave those away for free rather than blue and white striped polyester ones which wrap maybe 1.5 times around your neck. ¬_¬

I say this, but I already bought my own Chelsea scarf of choice so I don't really want any of the free ones anyway...