Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Ritchie De La Et did well against Valencia.

Many here at EWB(including myself)ridiculed his signing when it happened but fuck the kids impressive. He's always willing to get forward and doesn't mind getting stuck in plus he plays all across the defense which is very handy.

Let's hope he doesn't turn out like John O Shea who looked very promising in the early stages but never really fulfilled that promise(still a very dependable and useful player though).

• Like 1

Ritchie De La Et did well against Valencia.

Many here at EWB(including myself)ridiculed his signing when it happened but fuck the kids impressive. He's always willing to get forward and doesn't mind getting stuck in plus he plays all across the defense which is very handy.

Let's hope he doesn't turn out like John O Shea who looked very promising in the early stages but never really fulfilled that promise(still a very dependable and useful player though).

Ill agree with the De Laet comment, I hope Fergie gives the kid a few first team chances this season or at least sends him out on loan, he looks to be a good player with a load of potential

EDIT: Speaking of the Valencia match, im hoping we see more of Darron Gibson this season. He had some fantastic shots on goal against Valencia and was really unlucky not to score.

Edited by Dont Fear The Reaper

Nani and Evra have been giving Ivanovic plenty of trouble if we get a goal again it's coming from that side.

If they do get a goal it'll be from a Foster fuck up he's looking very nervous with his kicking but surprisingly he hasn't flapped at anything yet.

Never understood the hatred everybody has for him personally, always enjoyed his commentary.

Really good game so far, certainly nowhere near being boring like some of the encounters between us have been in the past. Nice goal from Nani. Berbatov looks much more at home it seems. The performance from Foster has proven that I had a reason to worry about VDS being injured, because he's looked shakey as fuck so far. Really need to get the ball to Rooney more, because he's the key player to making things happen I feel. Hopefully we'll certainly get to see Owen at some point as well as Valencia. And I'd really rather SAF didn't take Rooney off for Owen, I'd like to see the two get a good twenty minutes together in proper action.

Edit: Ugh. Foster is looking utter shocking today. Number one my ass.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Never understood the hatred everybody has for him personally, always enjoyed his commentary.

I used to like him, I thought he was brilliant. But he's become such a parody of himself and just seems to think he knows absolutely everything like he's some sort of omnipotent-psychic-mindreader.

Heck, Sky Sports in general is just so far up its own ass it's unbearable at times. I just hope the ESPN coverage is better when that starts.

Anyway, pretty decent game. Would be nice to see Owen at some point.

Ugh, terrible refereeing has to go and spoil the game. Seems to happen way too much nowadays.

What was wrong with it? He played the advantage when Man Utd had the ball. You didn't bother trying to put it out of play so Chelsea were perfectly entitled to attack when they got the ball.

Heck, Sky Sports in general is just so far up its own ass it's unbearable at times. I just hope the ESPN coverage is better when that starts.

Fuck yeah, Ray Stubbs!

Referee played the advantage because Rooney had the ball, Chelsea won it back and it was up to them to put it out of play if they wanted to. Basically we're going to have people complain because Chelsea were cunts and played on instead of putting it out. It's a pointless rule, the referee should just be able to say "stop" everytime. It's like the England Serbia match from last years U21's when Derbyshire scored with a Serbia player down and the Serbian's reacted exactly the same as Man Utd did here.

There shouldn't be any "the team can play it out if they want to, but they don't have to" about it. It should be either the referee says stop and if he doesn't you play on.

I did like how the four United subs came out on the touchline just after the Chelsea goal. It looked like Ryan Giggs was leading a posse to go fuck some people up (as amusing as that concept is).

And as for the goal itself... If United hadn't been given advantage while Evra was down and played on, I would agree that Chelsea were being cunts. But since United did play on and lost the ball, how can they then try and claim some moral injustice? If United's attack taken from the advantage had taken the next three minutes being dinked around the Chelsea six yard box while Evra was still down, would they have been called cunts then? If they don't care about their player, why should Chelsea suddenly do it for them?

Long story short, the 'rule' is a grey area that could probably do with addressing at a national level.

Edited by stokeriño

You have Ballack though so that's a given goal.

I thought offside. Saw the replay and still thought marginally offside based off where the way the grass is cut.

Either way it hardly matters, it's a glorified friendly. Drogba's been great I thought - a real handful, Malouda was good in the first half as well.

Dress the keepers up in clown suits, and make each of the penalty takers wear blindfolds. Or at the very least an eyepatch, to screw up their depth perception.

Instant. Classic.

Edited by stokeriño