Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I just watched a video of Andy Gray's prediction before last season. He thought Nani would play a more important role for Man Utd (he didn't, he was useless), that Chelsea were going to win the league because of Bosingwa and Deco (Deco ended up being crap and that wasn't hard to predict either), that Arsenal were going to be close to the title because they managed to keep Adebayor (this is funny because Arsenal fans always whine about Ade) and he thought Liverpool could win the title, so that's the only thing he was right about. English media gets easily hyped about a new coach or player that won something abroad, but to me it was predictable that Scolari and Deco were going to do shit, they just don't fit the bill.

He was right about Liverpool in the sense they didn't win so he was wrong.

At the start of the season I could have said "Sunderland could win the title." We could, if we got the most amount of points.

Andy Gray is a total fucking moron and no one but an armchair football fan would take his opinion seriously.

Any idea how far in advance changes for TV schedules are announced? The missus and I are going to Manchester in September for the weekend, and City are playing Arsenal. If the game's on Saturday at any time, we'll be fine, but Sunday wouldn't work because of our flights. I don't want to end up with some useless tickets.

I have no idea if this is the right thread or not, but DAVID EDGAR TO BURNLEY!

Burnley is now my favourite club. :)

There was this split second where I misread that and thought they'd bought/un-retired Edgar Davids.

That would have been more entertaining. :shifty: