Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Might do the away trip to Bolton, it's not too far. Our first home match is Chelsea and it's midweek so I dunno if I can manage that, then Blackburn at home which I may do with my mate. Fancy the first game of the season for the electric atmosphere and Bolton is a match where we can get something.

Considering the Man City home match as well to see Robinho and the lads, and then possibly Wolverhampton away on the final day as my other away match. Was going to do December 28th away at Blackburn but I'll be in America so will have to give that one a miss. Gutted about that but oh well. I'm hoping to do about 10-15 games, got 13 down earmarked before TV changes and money issues and others so hopefully it'll be alright. Looking forward to the new season, I'm full of optimism but also realism, I'm hoping for about 11-14 this year, probably closer to 13/14 mark but slow improvement is still improvement. Plus I haven't been able to get to matches in a long time due to my girlish attitude to doing things on my own also commitments on Saturday's so this is the year I get back to the matches.

Mm...fixture lists. Somehow so interesting to look at, yet virtually nothing I can do with the information. :shifty:

I'm kind of glad we have Burnley at home quite early on though (2nd home game). Hopefully we can thrash the buggers.

Surely you don't wanna play them early? They might do what Hull did and do really well at the start because they're an 'unknown quantity' but then tail off at christmas.

Our first home start in five seasons. And our October is insane!

Sat 3 15:00 A Arsenal PREM

Sat 17 15:00 H Burnley PREM

Sat 24 15:00 A Chelsea PREM

Sat 31 15:00 A Man Utd PREM

Not allowed to do this >_>

Last game of the 08/09 season? Liverpool away.

First game of the 09/10 season? Liverpool home. :pinch:

Still, be nice to get 3 points under our belt from the off.

Follow that with Hull (a), West Ham (a), Birmingham (H) and we should have beaten our start to last season....

It seems to be short happy runs punctured with a tricky patch...

The Man U, Chelsea run after that is sucky but then Burnley, Bolton, Pompey, Stoke is kinda cool before we go to Arsenal on Halloween.

Is there always such a big gap for new year?! Is it FA Cup or something?

December is glorious though - Everton, Wolves, Man City, Blackburn, Fulham, West Ham. Gotta be double figures points out of the 18 available.

1. Liverpool

2. Chelsea

3. Man United

then way down there

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs :(

6. Everton

7. Villa

8. Man City

9. Fulham

10. West Ham

11. Sunderland

12. Blackburn

13. Bolton

14. Stoke

15. Wigan

16. Birmingham

17. Burnley

18. Portsmouth

19. Wolves

20. Hull

I really, really want to say this will be our year, but christ knows ive said it every ear since 2001/02 and we've not managed it yet. Rafa needs to buy well, Glen Johnson would be a cracking start, but we doo desperatly need a creative player, preferably a decent winger like Silva, Robben or Sneijder.

Spurs at home 1st day of the season is a tricky start, but we should get three points out of it, I hope so anyway because we need to hit the ground running or we'll be playing catch up from the bloody start, as the scum will get three points at home to Brum.

Guest Ringmaster
Waaaaay too early to pick out a winner. I mean, teams have about a month and change of shopping to get done before I could even fathom picking a winner. If teams stayed like they are, though, Chelsea for the win.

How do you see that? Chelsea don't have half the squad depth United do, even if they have lost Ronaldo.

And most likely, Tevez. If things were to stay the way they are, Rooney/Berbatov wouldn't get them what they need, neither would the lack of a winger who isn't Park. Chelsea, though, will play like Hiddink did because Ancelotti's style isn't that far and really, if they carry on like they did under HIddink they would win. All this is useless talk though, given that both teams are still yet to make signings :shifty:.

Here's a question: Why do people think that the world would end if Liverpool in the title? I mean everywhere I go I hear that it's better X win it than Liverpool, for we'll never live it down.

Do these people realise that it's the same for everyone else when their team wins something and they proceed to celebrate forever?

(For the purposes of the below, the word 'twattish' is used to distinguish the worst kind of dick fans - that every club has some of - from the majority of the good-natured ones who are never much of a bother either way, and therefore irrelevant.)

It's because twattish Liverpool fans retain a huge chunk of ego orbiting the concept that they are "the greatest team in history", or words to that effect, even when they're not winning. While the most twattish of MU/Chelsea/Arsenal fans are unbearable enough when they're winning, the most twattish of Liverpool fans would combine new success with this to produce one massive singularity of arrogant dickishness.

Such is the theory, anyway.