Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ringmaster
The mega-rich owner of Manchester City, Sheikh Mansour, met the club's players at his palace in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday and presented each of them with a watch worth £168,000.

Full story: The Sun

Probably not true, but two images come to mind. First, Tal Ben Haim, stuck in a muz-muz country, hidden under a table, fearing for his life and wearing a blinged out watch. Second image is Benjania, Michael Johnson and all those other shit players, being all :D :D :D while wearing blinged out watches. Hell, Benjani's probably gonna pawn it in a few weeks.

But hey, City are still batting .500, aren't they? :shifty:

Just got the new Man U jersey, and oh God is it even uglier up close. That V thing is shit.

They just landed earlier today in Malaysia, so I'm really pumped to see them kill my national team tomorrow night, not to mention I have free training passes to for Saturday morning, 2 a.m.

Last time they came, it was 7-0, I'm hoping for a repeat.

Oh, and that Man. City watch story is so awesome. I'd want to play there now.

The match against Indonesia All Stars has been abandoned because there were bombings in the hotel that they were meant to be staying at. I'm going to get my home shirt soon, I hope it doesn't look as ugly as it does in the pictures.

Just got the new Man U jersey, and oh God is it even uglier up close. That V thing is shit.

>_<

:pervert:

Okay, seeing Owen for the first time playing in a Man U jersey is pretty cool (though I never knew he was really that small), and if there's one thing I can claim on here, is that I got to see it first, and live! So yeah, surprisingly my national team put up a better fight than expected, no thanks to Ben Foster. 3-2, but Owen also opened up his Man U scoring record in my home country! For someone who lives in a country where our most proud sport accomplisments are in squash and bowling, this is a very proud event for us.

Not to mention that van Nistelrooy apparently started his Man U career here too, and apparently his Red Devils goal-scoring record, too. Ooh, and I got to see that live too.

Be jealous.

And it might have just been me, but I definitely saw some of the Malaysian players laugh at the Man U players with their new kit.

They're apparently having a rematch or something, though. Rooney was apparently brilliant, though I thought the best was Nani.

Yup, no Tevez and Ronaldo? Looks like no problem. Except we need another substitute 'keeper.