Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I am up, hungover and ready for the new season. SDo I will follow Ringy and give you a table prediction so we can all laugh at me come May.

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Man City

7. Spurs

8. Aston Villa

9. West Ham

10. Sunderland

11. Blackburn

12. Fulham

13. Bolton

14. Wigan

15. Stoke

16. Wolves

17. Birmingham

18. Burnley

19. Hull

20. Portsmouth

1. Liverpool

2. Manchester United

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Manchester City

7. Tottenham

8. Aston Villa

9. West Ham

10. Sunderland

11. Fulham

12. Wigan

13. Blackburn

14. Bolton

15. Wolves

16. Stoke

17. Birmingham

18. Portsmouth

19. Burnley

20. Hull

The top 3 will be in a really close battle, with any order realistically possible at the end of the season. If Gerrard and Torres stay fit and in-form, Liverpool should be the ones lifting the title. Arsenal will stay in their No Man's Land of fourth place, with Everton winning best of the rest. Man City will have a topsy-turvy season, but get the Top Six spot.

At the other end of the table, Hull will carry on where they left off last season, and go down with a whimper. Burnley have the farirytale story and all, and I'd love it if they stayed up, but they just don't have the talent for the Premier League. Portsmouth have lost all their good players, and will go down.

Edited by Mr Cool

Just about to head off to the Bridge. Random prediction...erm... 2-0 to Chelsea.

And if Anelka and/or Malouda can score them both (as they're the Chelsea contingent of my Fantasy league team this year), I'll be all the happier. (Y)

According to Sky Sports; Chelsea's NEW 4-4-2 diamond formation may cause problems to bed in still (Is it just me or is the concept of a diamond formation not that new?)

And there are questions whether or not it's a wise idea to play two world class forwards up front at the same time. As opposed to one world class forward and a total can I'm guessing? Bloody "experts", the bane of my life.

According to Sky Sports; Chelsea's NEW 4-4-2 diamond formation may cause problems to bed in still (Is it just me or is the concept of a diamond formation not that new?)

And there are questions whether or not it's a wise idea to play two world class forwards up front at the same time. As opposed to one world class forward and a total can I'm guessing? Bloody "experts", the bane of my life.

I think it's more the idea of Anelka and Drogba together, who haven't gelled particularly well together on a consistent basis. but when they have they looked pretty impressive.

I'm glad the Premier League is back, despite Newcastle not being involved. Here's to Chelsea stuffing Hull and see if that cocky twat will be singing afterwards. My hate for Hull has been solidifed even more recently with the signing of the player I hate the most, Stephen Hunt.

Edited by The Cool One

Hull are starting with Caleb Folan starting up front by himself

You'll forgive me if I haven't shat my Chelsea coloured pants yet.

EDIT: Fucking hell Drogba, should've been.

Edited by Turbo Yannis

As soon as Chelsea score 1 this game is over, because Hull aren't going to break them down.

EDIT: Someone should really tell Mikel that he can't shoot. I honestly can't remember him ever hitting the target and he takes at least one of those shit long rangers every game.

Edited by The Cool One

Gotta laugh at the irony of the Chelsea fans holding the sign "Money Can't Buy Everything, JT = CFC". Yeah, except it's Roman's money that's paying his extortionate wage that's keeping him there.

And Richard Keys' great observation of "this is the first chance Chelsea have had to pay their respects to Sir Bobby Robson" regarding the minutes applause. Em... Community Shield?

This isn't limited to Sky and it's something that's annoyed me for ages, but would it kill them to just put "Chelsea" in the score bar? It's not that long a name and having "Che" facing Hull just looks stupid.

Hull are doing not bad just now. They've had a couple of half-chances themselves and are mostly keeping Chelsea at bay.