Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

A Spurs fan mocking a club for not winning trophies :lol:

The only problem is that it might be too late for Liverpool, by the time it takes Aquilani to get fit and into the squad, they could have already dropped a large amount of points. And that's if he becomes an unbeatable god and doesn't flop >_>

I know it's only the first game, and Gerrard may not have been totally fit... but it's a wakeup call that's far too late and I don't see Benitez being able to sign another significant player between now and the deadline day.

To say only Gerrard 'may not have been fit' is understating it a bit. Carragher and Skrtel were both doubts for the game right up until Saturday, which is why we had two reserve team centre backs on the bench (Ayala and Kelly). Then Carragher decides to attack Skrtel so we played for the best part of an hour with a defender with what looked like mild concussion and another with 12 staples in his head. You could see as soon as that incident happened Mascherano and Lucas were told to just sit in front of the defence and not get forward at all, which completely breaks up our system. I don't think it's any coincidence that when Ayala came on in the 75th minute we controlled the ball from then on and looked far better going forward.

Saying that it's a wake-up call is a massive overreaction, in the circumstances a 2-1 defeat isn't the worst result in the world.

Well it IS the Premiership Trophy and despite everything else, Tottenham and Liverpool have won exactly the same number of them ;)

EDIT: Also let's look at all the major trophies available to be won by English clubs.

1. Liverpool (40)

2. Manchester United (36)

3. Arsenal (27)

4. Aston Villa (20)

5. Tottenham (17)

6. Everton (15)

7. Chelsea (14)

So of course Liverpool have historically won more but meh, I can accept supporting the fifth best team in English football history.

Looking at which year was the most recent trophy win.....

Liverpool (2006), Man Utd (2009), Arsenal (2005), Villa (1996), Spurs (2008), Everton (1995), Chelsea (2009).

Also, say nothing against the League Cup cos Liverpool have the most of 'em....Without League Cups Man Utd would be joint first (and first alone after this season).

Well it IS the Premiership Trophy and despite everything else, Tottenham and Liverpool have won exactly the same number of them ;)

EDIT: Also let's look at all the major trophies available to be won by English clubs.

1. Liverpool (40)

2. Manchester United (36)

3. Arsenal (27)

4. Aston Villa (20)

5. Tottenham (17)

6. Everton (15)

7. Chelsea (14)

So of course Liverpool have historically won more but meh, I can accept supporting the fifth best team in English football history.

Looking at which year was the most recent trophy win.....

Liverpool (2006), Man Utd (2009), Arsenal (2005), Villa (1996), Spurs (2008), Everton (1995), Chelsea (2009).

Also, say nothing against the League Cup cos Liverpool have the most of 'em....Without League Cups Man Utd would be joint first (and first alone after this season).

Yeah we'd better not, otherwise we'd have to change your most recent trophy win to slightly further back.

The league cup is just the same as the FA cup really, only with less history and prize money. Winning both gets you a day out at Wembley and an UEFA cup spot. Not much different at all. But I know you are trying to annoy Spurs fans so I will just ask, how does it feel to be a Premiership champion? :P

Easier question, who's the only non top 4 team to have won the premiership? :)

Also, that's one hell of a nice return on your bet actionpad.

The peace cup, ah yes. The competition where Malaga beat Villa 3-1.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G