Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I'll give Spurs having a far better season than last year but to say they can win the league after two games is a bit of a stretch.

I don't think Spurs' squad is good enough to win the league. If you look at the top four they have at least a few world class players whereas we have maybe one or two. That, plus the injuries we're almost certain to have with our players' track record and I think we'll have a good season but I don't see us cracking the top four. Top six I'd be happy with.

Hmm tonight I had the choice of Wigan v Man Utd or Arsenal v Portsmouth.

I chose the Arsenal game and I think I made the right choice so far. The two goals were excellent, especially the first with Eduardo skinning the defender. Nice to see Pompey get one back against the run of play though. Nice powerful header from Kaboul.

Dean Sturridge is no Paul Walsh that's for sure.

Still, I find the "The Premiership" international package weird. Mainly cos I get to see more games more cheaply than I ever saw in England and during the match it's all very English but then there's no half time analysis and after the match is just finishes (maybe with a few non-commentated highlights although if I listen to the Japanese audio I believe they're commentating about everything throughout).

The intro credit is odd too with short clips interspersed with Arabian kids celebrating and men in Dubai walking along the beach, supposedly talking about football.

I'm always uneasy with the Premiership being the global league. Feels odd...Though I guess it means I can watch Tottenham most weeks...Especially as it looks like J-Sports ran a vote to see what teams viewers wanted to watch play (I guess so they know which matches to buy) and Spurs were the fifth highest after the big four. So that's gotta be good.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Aye, well there's always MOTD.

If any of my strikers could start scoring at any stage this season, I'd be a little happier. I'm looking at you, Carlos Tevez.

He set up the goal quite nicely. Obviously you care far too much about useless statistics and not enough about the quality of play.

• Like 1

Given that I cannot see the match being played and quality of play is not taken into account when my points decide whether or not I have to pay a forfeit at the end of this Fantasy Football season - then yes, exactly that.