Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I love Burnley. I love Man Utd fans that can't take a defeat as well. I sent a gloating text to a mate (in all caps, shouting about Robbie Blake of course) and his comeback was to say Liverpool drew 0-0 with Stoke last season >_< Clearly he has failed to notice the 3-0 win tonight.

And good on Spurs, I've never really liked them but they deserved to win on Sunday and they've got an emphatic win tonight. I think they're going to do really, really well this season, but I'd be grateful of Harry Redknapp if he left Jermaine Defoe on the bench next Wednesday :P

• Like 1

I love Burnley. I love Man Utd fans that can't take a defeat as well. I sent a gloating text to a mate (in all caps, shouting about Robbie Blake of course) and his comeback was to say Liverpool drew 0-0 with Stoke last season >_< Clearly he has failed to notice the 3-0 win tonight.

4-0 >_>

If Johnson keeps playing like this £18m will look like a bargain. Was one of the only bright spots to come out of the Spurs game and was outstanding tonight.

Ah sh!t, games like that are when we'll miss Ronaldo and Tevez :/

Hmm have to see what develops from this, hopefully 3 points at Wigan will get us ready for tough games against Arsenal and Spurs.

Credit to Burnley though a really hard working team, I was impressed watching them last year during the cup run on Sky. Have to wonder if they'll tire out though later in the season and struggle.

Oh and lol Hull! Mind they did come up against a Spurs team that certainly seem to be on the up.

Edited by Sam

Guest Ringmaster

My defenders are never going to score any clean sheets. :(

At least you didn't pick Ben Foster :(. At least my defenders kept clean sheets though. And picking Wilson Palacios as captain didn't hurt!

Also, if Redknapp keeps this winning malarkey up then I may have to start blindingly defending all his actions :shifty:

Why must Michael Owen, in every game, pretend to act completely oblivious to the ref's whistle when he's offside and then continue to take a shot at the keeper and miss before slotting in the rebound and turning around perplexed as to why nobody is celebrating? He's done this three times now in as many games and the worst thing about it is that it seems to encourage the commentators and their inevitable 'Michael Owen WILL score' comment which duly puts more pressure on Owen when a genuine chance comes along!

The whole team performance was shit today and completely typical of a standard 'start of the season' match for us. Every final ball was hit either too hard or too complacently. Our midfield allowed them too much time and space to form an attack and we looked 5 seconds behind the pace any time we were attacked. Poor performance yet quite unsurprising.

And good on Spurs, I've never really liked them but they deserved to win on Sunday and they've got an emphatic win tonight. I think they're going to do really, really well this season, but I'd be grateful of Harry Redknapp if he left Jermaine Defoe on the bench next Wednesday :P

Because Pavlyuchenko and Crouch can't do any harm :shifty:

I thought that that was punishable by an instant yellow card? just like lifting your shirt up during a celebration.

But yeah, it's starting to look very much like SAF overestimated Owen, he plays with no motivation, no pace and manages to miss more clear chances than he will score.

You know, just like he has been doing for the past 7 years ¬_¬

Yes, surely he should've been booked three times!? It's a stupid rule but last night James Coppinger took a shot after the whistle had blown for offside (I was tracking his run, saw him glance across at the linesman whos flag was down at the time so I don't even think he realised) and he got booked for it.

Because Pavlyuchenko and Crouch can't do any harm :shifty:

Pfft, I'm not scared of those big guys! We've got Adam 'Tower of Power' Lockwood and Jason 'Empire State Building' Shackell in defence! It's Defoe and his skillful eye for goal that I'm worried about.

The nicknames may or may not have just been invented by me :shifty:

Edited by AdamDRFC