Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Guest Mr. Potato Head

That'd be funny coming from the greatest bandwagon jumper this side of...actually, I don't know anybody who's nearly as bad as he was with Man City.

(See, you just *think* I don't pay attention!)

That'd be funny coming from the greatest bandwagon jumper this side of...actually, I don't know anybody who's nearly as bad as he was with Man City.

(See, you just *think* I don't pay attention!)

I've been a City fan since I was told to cheer for them by family in Manchester 6 years ago. I just started paying more attention 3 years ago. I didn't feel comfortable coming in here until the beginning of last year because I hadn't fully developed a knowledge of the game yet.

• Like 1

I want to know who actually bothers checking the reputation grading boxes in posts and if they keep a running check of their own to make sure that they are always in the highest 10% of EWB users...And if it makes them feel better about themselves. :shifty:

• Like 1

Ugh, disgraceful performance I'd say. Simply not good enough. It's early in the season, but games against the likes of Burnley have to be won if you want to win the league. After watching that performance, I really do miss Ronaldo. I think it's games like these that you realise how important he actually was. I'm also on the fence about whether Hansen is right, maybe we do need one more signing. We're only two games in and all, but that was just worrying. We still look shakey at the back and really need to get Vidic and Ferdinand back, as well as Rafael for that matter.

Also, Owen has no chance of getting a starting place in the England team. Not because he's 'shit', but because there's probably no better striker at this point in time in England than Defoe. Fuck that guy is looking fantastic. He just looks like he's improved so much over these last five or so months. His confidence is sky high it seems, great performance last night.

Hoping for a proper performance from United this weekend.

Bizarrely on talksport yesterday Adrian Durham and Micky Quinn were discussing WHY Tottenham can't win the league. Strangely Durham who never really likes Tottenham said that he'd realized that at this moment, Tottenham have no reason why they can't win the league, except for mental reasons such as not being there before and the pressure. He acknowledged that the squad were worthy (at least in the part I heard before falling asleep - remember the time difference) and he rates Redknapp as the best manager in the Premiership. (an amusing moment was when someone phoned in to say that while Man Untd's squad is weaker this season, you can't count out the strongest manager...to which Durham replied "What? Harry Redknapp?")

Now while I would never expect us to win the league BECAUSE of the mental stuff - I'd think we'd be more likely to do a Newcastle and bottle a possible win rather than Blackburn and keep battling - I do think that Durham has got a point.

Basically our form after Redknapp took over would have seen us finish fourth last season if we hadn't have had the Ramos start. After Christmas our form was even better when he brought back Defoe and Keane. Tottenham have started this season with 10 of the 11 starting players that generally started last season. Great continuity on a team that was already a great team, we now have more depth and a stronger squad. There is more confidence, self-belief and team cohesion. There is no need for loads of new teammates to get used to eachother, rather a few new guys just bedding in. In fact I'd rather Tottenham didn't buy anyone else now, except maybe a goalkeeper who would happily sit as third choice.