Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

I can't rationalise the Benayoun substitution but I'd say Torres is playing through injury still. Not that it makes much of a difference since this has been a terrible performance even with Torres and Benayoun in the squad.

3-1

Jesus, awful, awful performance.

EDIT: I can't rationalise bar saving for Wednesday.

Man, at least Liverpool's implosion has cheered me up.

Nice work taking off your two best players. Two players sent off and they can't complain about either.

Our two best players who weren't fit before the game (Torres has an icepack on his thigh), and were getting lumps kicked out of them for an hour.

We're also missing:

Gerrard

Agger

Skrtel

Johnson

Aquilani

Aurelio

Riera

Kelly (would've been in ahead of Degen)

N'Gog (ahead of Babel & Voronin)

Cavalieri

Carragher finally sees the red that he should of done a week ago. I love Fulham :wub:

Bar Chelsea winning, a pretty great day all around so far. Spurs losing, Liverpool crashing and Pompey pick up three points. Hopefully we can pull off a nice victory against Blackburn to round this day off.

The misery is over. A bare bones Liverpool team that really played worse as the game went on. Missing a load of players the red cards didn't help the first time I can remember seeing two Liverpool players sent off.

Nothing really Rafa could do about the squad he had today it also can't be helped when some of the players just don't bring their game with them.

Wow, I'm really depressed with that. You go up 2-0, and then 2-1 with a man advantage... and you proceed to play like utter shit, and give up the 3 points? It feels like we lost today, even though, clearly, every point is needed to survive this season.

I'm still pretty sure we'll finish in the Champions League places once we go on our traditional post-Christmas rape-a-thon and everybody else falls off as usual, but this is crazy. It can't be helped and lol at everybody who thinks Benitez will/should go, but it's hard to take :(

How did Ilunga have a head injury when Jones pushed him in the chest? Must have been when he theatrically threw himself on the floor and smacked his head off it.

Shouldn't have pushed him in the fist place but wow, it was pretty pathetic. Still 2-2 draw. Will do.