Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Ridiculous. Even Sagna thought it was stopped. Probably down to the fact Clattenburg is oldschool reffing.

But now Crouch gets booked grr.

To be fair, the commentators are all saying it's Spurs' defenders own fault. Clattenburg played the advantage and Sagna did the right thing by playing on. It's about playing to the whistle, not the flag.

And Crouch was stupid. You can't throw the ball away like that.

Edited by TheArsenal

It's not Clattenburg's fault. He's refereed pretty well actually (as much as I love a good refereeing scapegoat). It's more that every player is so used to that kind of decision being called up now, and even the linesman was suggesting it.

To be honest I've not been paying too much attention to the Arsenal players but I don't think Spurs have too much to be worried about this season even at 3-0 down.

Defoe's back next week, Modric can't be that far away and Lennon wasn't playing. BAE and Corluka were great. Keane made some great movement while he was on, Huddlestone was solid, Palacios tackled well, Jenas had his bright moments. Gomes made some great saves.

The problems for me are Bassong (which can be solved seeing as we have two better centre backs pretty much back to fitness), a very average Bentley (only playing cos of lack of Lennon) and Peter Crouch playing from the start.

Basically the majority of the problem is starting with Crouch, it destroys our style of play utterly and we look a LOT better passing it around on the deck. First half Spurs played it around, second half as depression and tiredness set in they just lumped it up to him more.

Also Pav is in no kind of form whatsoever. I wish Harry would stop taking Keane off all the time.

So yeah, I'm more annoyed than worried today. Those two goals took the wind out of Tottenham's sails and the first especially was just "one of those things". It's just as well that Robin van Persie is the most one footed player I've ever seen in my life.....

EDIT: Also Arsenal ARE the second best team I've seen this season so far. So can't be TOO upset with losses to Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea.

EDITEDIT: Oh well, bit mean I guess but if Bassong is out for a couple of weeks I won't lose any sleep.

Voronin sets up Torres completely by mistake! Kinda sums him up really. Looked rather unmotivated and really trying to use Degen who is doing well but hasn't gotten a great cross in yet. He might yet though.