Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Re: the whole bringing the beach ball to a match in October thing... I imagine he'll have bought it in the stadium shop whilst milling around prior to the game, and therefore would have had to bring it in to the stands with him.

Doubtful since the game was at Stadium of Light, Sunderland. Wasn't it?

I highly doubt it was that kids beach ball. These things are brought to away games increasingly often and chucked around the stand prior to kick-off. This smart arse thought it'd be hilarious to punch it onto the pitch for some inexplicable reason, serves him right really.

Re: the whole bringing the beach ball to a match in October thing... I imagine he'll have bought it in the stadium shop whilst milling around prior to the game, and therefore would have had to bring it in to the stands with him.

Doubtful since the game was at Stadium of Light, Sunderland. Wasn't it?

I highly doubt it was that kids beach ball. These things are brought to away games increasingly often and chucked around the stand prior to kick-off. This smart arse thought it'd be hilarious to punch it onto the pitch for some inexplicable reason, serves him right really.

I'm sure he was soundly beaten Monday morning in school (Y)

and Monday afternoon..

Tuesday morning...

and so on...

One of those days man.

Spurs lost Woodgate to an injury after making an incredible defensive interception, lost Lennon through injury after using all three subs.

Had quality shots on goal hit the post, cleared off the line, saved, deflected....Everything.

Stoke hit on the counter attack with the only goal. Just one of those days but doesn't make it feel any better.

Personally I wouldn't have taken off Keane cos of the movement he was providing but apart from that Harry did nothing wrong and the players didn't do anything wrong either. Jenas was great when he came on.

Freak result really. Stoke didn't deserve it as a team - their keeper deserved it though.

A little gutted, feel we could of got a point on the day but I cant really moan about much other than the referee being piss poor at times. Lucas committing four straight fouls and not getting booked was a joke, but then Carrager got a yellow for one of the most blatant fouls you'll ever see, which should of easily been a red. That all said, I don't feel we were really better on the day and deserved a win, but I feel we could of snatched a point.

What the hell happened in that match? I just caught the last five minutes on Sky Sports News and everyone was going insane.

Two sendings off in injury time? Fergie time going against Fergie? Liverpool winning despite the odds being stacked against them and without Gerrard?

This is insane, and I'm pissed I decided to not watch it >_>

Lacklustre performance from United today, mind the game was hardly a classic, there was very little quality on show by both teams, Liverpool had more desire though and the goal from Torres deserved to win the game. I hate how Liverpool are now suddenly right in the title race though, they're still 6 points behind Chelsea at the end of the day, it's asking a lot of them not to drop more points whilst waiting for Chelsea to slip up.

I could see Mascherano was going to get sent off at some point. Overall the performance that was needed and a result that was deserved.