Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Also, I do not accept this story that Barry gave Villa "remarkable service".

The lack of respect he has shown the fans who paid his wages. The stupid and patronising "heartfelt" apology. Look at Barry down the years - first ever season he was good, then he was in and out of the squad for the next few years, putting in a transfer request.

Taylor came, best player but no competition same with DOL Looks to leave for Portsmouth before O'Neill persuades him to stay and promises him he will get back into the England setup. Changes his whole game, then runs off to the press after the attention he gets crying for a move away. Then says he will stay if we make CL, but will only leave for a club in the CL.

That is not 12 years of "loyal service". Looks to me as if he's always been in it for numero 1.

Also, I do not accept this story that Barry gave Villa "remarkable service".

The lack of respect he has shown the fans who paid his wages. The stupid and patronising "heartfelt" apology. Look at Barry down the years - first ever season he was good, then he was in and out of the squad for the next few years, putting in a transfer request.

Taylor came, best player but no competition same with DOL Looks to leave for Portsmouth before O'Neill persuades him to stay and promises him he will get back into the England setup. Changes his whole game, then runs off to the press after the attention he gets crying for a move away. Then says he will stay if we make CL, but will only leave for a club in the CL.

That is not 12 years of "loyal service". Looks to me as if he's always been in it for numero 1.

Liverpool came in for him, but Villa rejected the bids. He had one year to go on his deal and Man City came in and with their signings and squad, I think it's generally accepted they have the better chance at getting into the CL. AFAIK, no clubs in the CL came in for him, so it was either he stayed at Villa for another season and then left for nothing (I'm sure that would've gone down great with the fans) or went to Man City for the better chance to get to the CL, not to mention a change of scenery, a new challenge and to be a part of potentially something absolutely massive in English football. Wouldn't you move?

I'm not suggesting the Villa fans give the guy a hero's welcome or build a bronze statue of him, just a bit of respect would be fine and not portraying him as some sort of hate figure just because he went to a new club.

Well, many pundits feel Villa have a good and fair chance at it as well. The thing is City can go out and spend £100m odd in January if they are flying high, but you never know. We have built up a team that work for each other.

Dream on. The fact that City can spend 100m in January is exactly the reason why they have a way bigger chance of getting into the CL than Villa and why Barry left. That they are not in Europe this year is probably beneficial to them because they can rest more.

Clapped by Villa fans throughout? What game were you watching? There was a small banner of support for him shown before the game and he got a mixed reaction (at best) when the teams came out. Then he was booed mercilessly every single time the ball went near him and every misplaced pass was cheered sarcastically by the vast majority of Villa fans.

Edited by Scott McFly

He got clapped at the end by Villa fans when he applauded the stadium. Also on Villatalk people who went to the match also said he received a lot of support from Villa fans. The booing mostly came from the North Stand and the Holte End.

If O'Neill removed his cock from Heskeys ass and signed a decent striker, who can get goals we would be flying. Carew has been shit this season and just seems to run about like a lump.

Edited by ONO

Guest Emoctoberingy

So one of the channels here was having this whole list about the top 10 youngsters in the EPL. Who was top? Ramsey? No! Macheda? No! Welbeck? No! Walcott? No! Some other guy from Arsenal? No!

David Hoilett!

Oh my, that's taking patriotism to a whole new low.