Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Another shit mistake by Foster. I wonder if all the United fans are still claiming he's just as good as VDS and we've got no worries with him. The sooner we get that guy back, the better.

On a different note, I really like some of the football Bolton are playing lately. They constantly get seen as a more rough type of team, but they played some absolutely lovely football yesterday. Megson has done an awesome job.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Gutted but kinda happy. A draw at Old Trafford is amazing, but we could have been out of that place with 3 points.

People don't like Anton Ferdinand, hell, I don't particularly rate him either and his own goal wasn't entirely his fault. Evra's shot wasn't going anywhere near the goal - but it was an effort so they should be happy with that one at least, and Ferdy just stuck his foot in and scored a blinder if you ask me. I'm more disappointed with Rico, I don't rate him at left back and for someone who can come out and say all the right things about wanting to play for the club his second yellow card was stupid, much like that little pony tail of his.

Welbeck looked pathetic on the left, Evra and him were tortured by Steed Malbranque who was woeful against Wolves but phenomenal against Utd. Reid was quality once again and Cana and Cattermole made the Man Utd central midfield non existant. Rooney and Berbatov didn't really get much to do but everytime they did they scared the hell out of me. Great goal by Berba.

I'd have been gutted if it was an equaliser with about 10 minutes to play, but because it was in stoppage time it feels like I've been kicked in the nads.

Bring on Liverpool.

On a different note, I really like some of the football Bolton are playing lately. They constantly get seen as a more rough type of team, but they played some absolutely lovely football yesterday. Megson has done an awesome job.

It's funny, 95% of the Bolton fans I've heard to say completely the opposite. They hate the style of football they play (the Spurs game was a bit of a blip, it seems) and they want Megson out as soon as possible. They hate him, he hates the fans, and for most of this season they've looked like relegation fodder.

Bolton did well against Spurs because:

a) They're playing with a fourth choice and makeshift defender as their centre back pairing (King/Dawson, Woodgate/King, Dawson/Woodgate or any of those three with Bassong would have been a lot more comfortable).

b) Spurs just don't like it up 'em.

c) The Tottenham players couldn't see the ball because of the sheer amount of plastic bags and other rubbish littering the pitch.

It's just been on Sky Sports News that bookies have slashed the odds on Redknapp leaving.

They got it spot on the last time they reported something like that, Benitez was gone within... no, wait, hang on.

Virtually every bookmakers has closed the book on Redknapp now.

I heard there's strong talk of Redknapp doing dodgy dealings and taking illegal payments, in particular, with the recent transfer of Peter Crouch. Wouldn't surprise me if it extended to other ex-Portsmouth players if it's true.