The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Let's discuss the League Cup in here too. The majority of round one matches are taking place tonight, with Leeds already through after defeating Darlington last night.

I fancy a couple of upsets here - Exeter beating QPR and Notts County beating Doncaster. I also hope John Barnes' lack of experience means Grimsby can have a decent go at Tranmere. Emphasis on 'hope'.

Apparently Kevin Poole (aged 46) is in goal for Burton tonight, so not a great surprise.

Derby, Sheff Utd and Plymouth all behind at the moment against lower league opposition, but your picks not going right-QPR are thrashing Exeter and we are beating Notts County by a goal to nil!

EDIT: And there's no point mentioning Grimsby!

Edited by AdamDRFC

That's a bit of a daft decision, but, had they not smashed Yeovil in midweek I'd have said he might've lost the dressing room. He probably hasn't, since they did beat Yeovil convincingly, but it seems an odd decision one day before their next game as well.

They need stability, and they have absolutely none of it right now. They sacked Roeder halfway through last season, got relegated, half the board left, and now they've sacked Gunn. Looking unlikely for promotion at this stage.

Lose 7-1.

Win 4-0.

Sack manager.

What this needs is for them to then beat Sunderland 4-3 in the 2nd Round with a caretaker manager in charge.

Told you they'd be entertaining.

EDIT: Oh aye, I entered a team in the fantasy football league.

Sporting Beergut

GK: Westwood (Coventry)

D: Olsson (WBA)

D: Rosenior (Reading)

D: St. Ledger (Preston)

D: Pellicori (QPR)

M: McIndoe (Coventry) - Although he's still listed as Bristol City.

M: Garven (Ipswich)

M: Moses (Crystal Palace)

M: Ledley (Leicester) - May be a bad idea if he's off to the Premiership as rumoured.

S: Chopra (Cardiff)

S: Tudgay (Sheff Wed)

Edited by IAceI

Suddenly the Sol Campbell to Notts Co rumours don't seem so completely rediculous, then again Schmeichel moving there is best for all parties, as opposed to Campbell only considering it for the money and an easy league ¬_¬

I don't think Notts County spending 600k plus on the fourth choice Man City keeper makes the Campbell rumours any more feesible. They're ridiculousm he's on £5 million a year at Portsmouth, I don't think Kasper Schmeichel is on anywhere near that amount.

That was absolutely ridiculous. Warnock had every right to be pissed off, the ref's cheief has apologised but what is that? The time is now for goal-line technology, we had a clear goal disallowed against Watford last week as well because the ref didn't think it had crossed the line, it makes no sense not to implement it.