The Official Coca-Cola Leagues Thread 2009/10

Adam

Why do I get the feeling Newcastle have never been for sale at any point during the summer and that it was all just another big con?

It's very possible. I tend to think either Ashley's terms of sale are ridiculous, or people are taking one look at how the club is being run and instantly want nothing to do with it.

I hope Hughton doesn't get the the job full time. We may have won games this season, but of all the games I've watched I don't think we've put in a really good performance yet. I think the wins are to do with teams either paying us too much respect, or the difference in quality between the players, but not anything of Hughton's doing. Seems like a nice bloke but I don't think he has the balls to be the manager full time.

Well, anyone at that game today got their moneys worth, I'll say that. So gutted to lose it like we did, especially after missing a penalty (badly) at 1-1, and facing 10-men for the last 10 minutes. But, Newcastle missed LOADS of chances, that miss by Andy Carroll is the worst I've ever seen in person.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if any lists have been published where it shows how many times a club is on TV? Because every Championship game on TV seems to have Newcastle on it. I've had a look but can't find anything. If anyone has a list for Premier League clubs that would be great too, although I know for that it's based on the previous league position.

I can give you the Newcatle games that have been on TV, just from memory as a fan, all Sky unless mentioned. The follwing games were live

WBA (Away) (BBC)

Reading (Home)

Leicester (Home)

Cardiff (Away)

Ipswich (Away) (BBC)

Nottinham Forest (Away)

Sheffield United (Away)

Middelsborough (Home)(BBC)

Sheffield Wednesday (Away)

Derby (Home) On tomorrow

Alot I know, but there's a reason Newcastle are always on, the same reason United are always on in the Premier League, the bigger games are wanted to attract the casual football viewer. Nobody other than fans of the teams will want to watch Doncaster vs Plymouth for instance.

Edited by The Cool One

Yeah, Newcastle are always on. Like when you open the paper and there's pictures of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and fucking Steven Taylor in some kind of montagé for football or something.

They're always on. To be honest they'll be right back up and no ones going to realise they've even been gone at all. I'd love to say I've enjoyed the peace and quiet but a few of my Newcastle supporting friends have already used the fact they're top of the league to say that they're better than us. Despite their being a league in difference, the Championship being a bad league and us having taken points off Man Utd and beaten Liverpool and Arsenal this season.

Ah well, six pointer next year I suppose. :)

Yep, it's piss poor. Not a fair reflection of the league and not fair on all the other teams. It seems the smaller clubs like ourselves are either not on at all, or are only on against the bigger teams. That said, our first live game of the season is against Reading in February, hardly a promotion candidate themselves.

• 1 month later...

I'm resurrecting this thread purely to sing the praises of our leading scorer, Billy Sharp.

article-1235561-0793A60C000005DC-187_306x340.jpg

We're 10th in the league, mainly because we've got Sharp in to finish off our attacks and spearhead us to victory. A huge win tonight away at Sheffield Wednesday, 2-0, and his shot deflected in off a Wednesday defender for 2-0.

Any other Coca-Cola League fans still knocking about at all!?

Edited by AdamDRFC

• 2 weeks later...

Warnock complained when we (Scunthorpe) beat Palace 4-0 earlier in the season, saying they deserved to win! I've never liked Warnock, and don't like how QPR get through managers so quickly, especially Magilton who I rate as a manager and didn't get a fair crack, so I'm reasonably content that Warnock won't last long there.

We're playing Reading, Peterbrough and Plymouth at home this month, and if we don't win at least two of those we deserve to get relegated. I expect us to lose our next two away games against Ipswich and Newcastle. Our saving grace at the moment is that Sheffield Wednesday seem marginally worse than us form-wise, and have a harder run-in than us.

I can accept being bitter about playing better and losing 1-0... maybe even 2-0... but surely such a rout makes him out to be an utter retard.

What he probably meant is "I hate it when teams manage to easily exploit my obvious attacking style and counter"

Which makes him perfect for QPR ¬_¬