Michael Jackson dead at 50

million$$man

Paris really got to me in the worst of ways. Before that I was casually sobbing at times, like when Brooke Shields spoke or near the end where they all got on the stage together, but when she spoke I lost it completely. But I'm torn as well, as a part of me just thinks that she really should not have been up there.

I'm not saying "there's no way he wasn't touched," mind you, because certainly he was. I'm just saying that there were some elements of it that I felt were unnecessarily hammy. Of the performances I saw, Stevie Wonder and Jermaine Jackson's were the best.

And yeah, the Paris thing is... hrm. My guess is what happened was she really wanted to speak and then when it was finally time for her to do it she broke down. Assuming that's the case, it's understandable what happened; in the same situation I probably wouldn't be able to go "no, you can't speak at your own father's televised funeral if you really really want to."

How is this aireing, i cannot find it on german chanels and wen i turn in Sky News or NBC they just seem to be there every now and than... sky just showed how they were anding out tickets to fans on the outside of the arena...

MTV and CNN both had live simulcasts of the event, I was watching MTV's feed.

How is this aireing, i cannot find it on german chanels and wen i turn in Sky News or NBC they just seem to be there every now and than... sky just showed how they were anding out tickets to fans on the outside of the arena...

I watched the entire thing on Sky News and I think almost every news channel over here had it on, but it obviously may be different over in Germany. Possibly online if not, although it's obviously over now...

1. "This hits everyone so super hard but especially me"

2. Singing to the coffin if I recall that bit correctly.

3. That moment where he broke up like before the very last line of the song and maybe that was sincere but it felt so incredibly "this is hitting me so hard you guys :("

I'm sorry, I am admittedly a cynical bastard but that entire performance felt like a complete act of pageantry. Great singer but I wasn't feeling it in the slightest.

Understandable. I felt it was pretty genuine though but to each their own. Anyway, for the most part I enjoyed the service. I was surprised at a few people not appearing or speaking, but so be it.

Now the german public TV is showing it on tape delay. Someone explain me why they dident do this live... Michael was a gigant in germany... did they expect janet to undress!? Seriusly.... Ideots.

Oh great, they cut it down to 30 Minutes....

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

It is weird Paris spoke after all this time, but good. She, and her two brothers can't be sheilded forever, and the family knows that by letting them up there. It was clear Jackson was paronoid and very protective, and they were too. Jermaine, Latoya and Janet especially. I don't think they were forced up there, and the way the little girl handled herself before she spoke was brilliant. I'd be crying buckets if it was my dad.

The two boys on the other hand, they looked truely devestated all the way through. The youngest one was in tears and Michael II OR III was just standing there looking directly ahead with no emotion WHATSOEVER.

A great service though, some touching speeches and songs. Funnily enough, Jennifer Hudson was one of, if not THE best. That Saheen kid is very good, and was good tonight, but would have been better had they not drowned him out with that HUGE backing. It shows the lad has talent when Jackson personally chose him to back him at the shows, that is quite some achievement.

Wow. Very surreal memorial service. It had some truly memorable speeches (as well as some bland ones), some great performances (and some average ones) as well as lots of funny and tearful moments.

I was in a bit of a sombre state watching the whole thing but finally lost it when Paris spoke. She came across as so mature for her age (amazing for an 11 year old to do what she did) and it was just such a moment to see and hear from her pretty much the first time ever. It's all too easy to forget that while we've lost a musical legend that can never be replaced, these kids have lost their father for which you can say the same. Great to see the Jackson siblings there together too and the whole event was handled with care and respect.

lol I'm sorry for the double post but you know you are the shit when the U.S. Government passes a law proclaiming you are the shit.

Wha--?

Amazing tribute. I am with everyone who was tearing up during his daughter's speech. Just hit home that behind the entertainer and the public persona was a real person, with real family and friends. I'm still sad that the guy is gone... what a freaking icon.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/rememb...003991737.story

He still rules the charts. I think that it's incredibly unfortunate that MJ passed away, but I'm relieved to see that people are downloading and listening to him. In death, he seems to have regained a lot of relevance ... the guy has 12 of the top 25 digital songs and had the two best selling albums of the week, as well as the top 10 spots on the Catalog Album Charts. Fucking amazing.