Michael Jackson dead at 50

million$$man

michael-jackson-zombie.jpg

I can't find a photo/scan of it but there are adverts for 'Plants Vs. Zombies' that feature a zombie Michael Jackson.

Wierdly prophetic >_<

The Chris Moyles Show here on Radio 1 has turned the second half of the 'Golden Hour' into Michael Jackson songs, it's pretty awesome.

It felt a bit weird waking up this morning, but it's definitely sunk in now. Seeing his body on that gurney last night was very surreal.

So I go to bed, and the news it only on TMZ. I wake back up and now he is stone dead. I am at a loss for words. Micheal Jackson was one of my 'guilty pleasures', if you could call it that, in music. He was great. I even got to see him live when I was younger, during his HIStory tour and therefore 'Earth Song' has always had a special place somewhere.

RIP Michael Jackson, the greatest musician and entertainer ever in the history of humankind. :(

Amazon.com Album Slaes Charts. 1 - 15 = all Michael Jackson.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/music/

He might just break another record, i belive the most Albums in the Top 100 are 5 Pearl Jam live Albums at the same time.

On a similar note to that, 6 of the current iTunes top 10 albums are all Michael Jackson-based, with "The Essential" Michael Jackson coming in first I guess because it's all the classic songs. "Thriller" is also #11, but I'd expect that to top the chart by the end of the day.

Damn, if I hadn't already spend about £90 this week on all sorts of miscellaneous shit I'd be buying as much MJ as I could get.

The cynic in me was actually expecting everywhere to UP the prices of MJ albums, much like how a Johnny Cash boxset could cost about £4 before he died and about £20 after <_<

I'm so upset with this news ever since i can remember i've been hearing his music he was such a fantastic talent the world is a lees brighter place without him, i hope people let him and his family have the respesct they deserve in this tough time for them. RIP Michael Jackson

Got up this morning and my dad had left a note for me stuck to my door (I have to go to bed early for work and due to the time difference I was in bed at the time it happened), which was creepy as all hell at 3.30am. So I turned on the TV and sure enough there was the news right in front of me. Fucking unbelievable. As a quick aside, anyone else think headlines like "Michael Jackson is dead" is a bit... much? I know they do it whenever someone famous dies suddenly, but surely "Michael Jackson has died" has more tact to it and doesn't sound so disrespectful? EDIT: Just realised that's the title of this thread too, was not aimed specifically at that. More at the news channels who just have that as the headline or newspaper headlines like "JACKO DEAD" which just sounds insensitive.

People can say all they want about his personal life and even I myself thought worse of him throughout the years due to various things, but as far as the more serious accusations go I think all he was guilty of was being a bit weird. But this obviously isn't the place to bring those up.

He's made some classic songs and many of my favourites. He's one of the truly timeless greats whose music I know I'll never forget and it's just sad to know we'll never know what was still to come. You have to wonder if we'll ever see anyone else have the same wide-reaching, truly worldwide impact that he had ever again. He was an icon, a musical genius, and will always be the King Of Pop.

Long live the King. RIP Michael. :crying:

Edited by Scott McFly

So does all news cease to be reported when an entertainer dies? what happen to the conflicts in Iran? I guess the death of the "King of Pop" is more important to America, which is really fuckin' sad. I've already heard "Billie Jean" 5 times this morning.

I don't like Michael Jackson the entertainer, never have or will. His music is catchy, but that's exactly what pop music is all about. We won't go into how I feel about MJ as a person, since Heel Turn has already been warned for doing that. I'm going to make a prediction, though, and say that either people will try to leech of his name (again) and bring up allegations, or all the allegations in the past will be forgotten and "forgiven" or something by those families that did it a few years back.

None the less, it's always sad when someone passes away, especially at an age as young as 50. So, with that in mind, rest in peace.

It's weird, I was watching TV last night up until the moment it was confirmed that he was dead... and even though I've had a night to sleep on the news I can't physically associate Michael Jackson with death. HE'S MICHAEL JACKSON!

His life was like a fairy tale, it had it's ups and downs, but wherever you go it didn't seem real; and because of this there's going to be a lot more people like me who'll not realise what has happened for at least a month until it has sunk in.

Some people have been claiming a possible drugs overdose, like cocaine or morphine... but MJ seems like too much of a 9 year old to be experimenting with hard drugs. It just doesn't seem like something he'd do.

Then again the last 10 years of his life have been kept secret so much that I'm afraid we're gonna be hit with a bombshell of a revelation within the next few weeks.

*deep breath*

I feel like yesterday I lost someone who had a big impact on a part of my life. Michael influenced a lot of what music does today, and he still can't be compared to on some levels. Just thinking about the songs he put out and how much I have enjoyed them, even with only being 18 in an urban area like Detroit. Songs like Bad, Liberian Girl, Butterflies, Rock With You, Smooth Criminal, Wanna Be Startin Something, Billie Jean, you can go on and on, even going all the way back to the Jackson 5. Then you can't forget that HE MADE THRILLER DAMN IT!!!!!

But my favorite Mike song had to be Beat It. I remeber being five runing around at school listening to Beat It. That song did it for me, always had and always will. I accedently left the TV on MTV last night and Beat It woke me up and it just hit me that MJ is actually gone.

Then you can look at the performances and how no one will ever be able to top him in that aspect. Just look back at his Super Bowl performance and enough is told. Just the way he executed his moves was special and one of a kind. Anyone can do a moonwalk, but no one will ever do it like Mike.

I know that most of my lifetime has been filled with the legal troubles and what not, and that is what most of my generation will remember him for, but seeing the pics of him being carted to and off the helicopter yesterday made me realize that I shouldn't remember for what he did or did not do during my life, but what he did before it.

Rest in Peace Mike, I will always remember what you have done for music.

So, people in Hollywood are paying tribute to the wrong Michael Jackson star on the Hollywood walk-of-fame

0625_radio_michael_jackson_reg_02.jpg

People are flocking to Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Problem is ... it's the wrong Michael Jackson. The star for Michael Jackson -- the singer -- is covered up because of the "Bruno" premiere. People are mistaking MJ's covered star for the star of longtime L.A. radio personality Michael Jackson.

And everyone can say what they will about TMZ, like its a piece of trash tabloid that is a disgrace to journalism, but they have been on top of this story from the top and have had everything right.

The problem is that TMZ have been pretty dickish about the way in which they got their story.

The only way for them to know of this before anyone else would be if one of the paramedics who tried to revive MJ at his house phoned up TMZ and told them that he was being unresponsive, and if that is the case... telling the media before MJ's family is completely retarded.

The only way they could get reports from within the hospital that MJ was dead would be if the doctors offered a bribe for his medical condition report, there is no way that a single MJ family member would tell TMZ themselves that Jackson had died.

There's always the possibility that they made shit up the second that they heard of the incident, and just managed to be coincidently spot on, but this story reeks of insider knowledge that has been obtained through dodgy methods.