Michael Jackson dead at 50

million$$man

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've heard every last pun on "Beat It," "Smooth Criminal," "Man in the Mirror," "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," and so on and very few of them were clever at all. Being lame isn't a warnable offense or anything but really, let's not.

I'm just so completely devastated right now. I heard at work and managed to keep together. It was more of a feeling of disbelief. I kept expecting to check msnbc.com and see "Michael Jackson Miraculously Recovers." Then I came home, my mom hugged me, and I pretty much broke down. Michael Jackson has always been my hero and I can't believe he's gone.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've heard every last pun on "Beat It," "Smooth Criminal," "Man in the Mirror," "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," and so on and very few of them were clever at all. Being lame isn't a warnable offense or anything but really, let's not.

You must have really been Thrillered by the Chris Brown/Rhianna thread. :shifty:

Edited by Clawson

I'm not a fan by any means but I absolutely love Thriller (who doesn't) and consider Jackson to be the greatest performer of my lifetime. He's his generation's Elvis and there isn't a damn person on this board or in America who doesn't love at least one of his songs whether they want to admit it or not.

RIP Michael. Thanks for the great music.

Couldn't really have cared less about him while he was alive and was the first to cheer Cocker all those years back.

I suspected the worst when it came to his court case but the law will state forever that he was found innocent so that's the end of that.

However I can't deny his musical importance back in the day and it's hard to think of a musical artist who's death would be such a globally "big" thing right now as Jackson's.

I agree with whoever's mum it was that apparantly Bolan's was bigger and no doubt Lennon's death was too Right now though whose death would have such an impact? Madonna?

Basically this is big, very sad for his family and it's a bit surreal.

Frontman of T.Rex.

That still doesn't help me :shifty: I guess I'll have to go wiki this one.

It's kind of weird seeing how people around here took his passing since there was a major gathering at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem tonight. I never really got into his music when I was younger, though like most people I know a lot of his hits simply because they were played everywhere. There's no doubt that his influence in music will still be felt as guys like Usher and Timberlake have been trying to emulate him for years. I honestly don't think it's possible that anyone in the music industry will ever achieve the same level of popularity that he did given the way that music is played/distributed these days and the fact that videos are pretty much limited to things like Youtube instead of a channel that everyone watched as kids/young adults. As Hamster mentioned earlier the only other person in the entertainment field I can think of whose death would make serious headline news all around the world would be Madonna.

Micheal Jackson died today, cause of death was heart failure... Apparently his heart simply "stopped after getting enough."

For thw longest time, I thought that song was "Don't stop til you get it up"...

I've already heard the conspiracy theorists at work...a few customers tonight said things like "He's broke. This is all just a scam to boost his album sales. For the next 20 years we'll have 'lost records' be found etc..'"

So I'm five songs into Off The Wall...and I think it's finally hit me that the man that made this record breathe is dead. God, that's sucks. On another note, where the hell has Quincy Jones been as far as producing albums goes since 1987? He's apparently done nothing since then and I'm shocked that such a brilliant pop producer just up and left the genre without grooming anybody else to the spotlight.