Billy Mays, 50, Found Dead

y2jerichoholic

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

DEVELOPING: Television pitchman Billy Mays — who built his fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials promoting household products and gadgets — died Sunday, FOX News confirms.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry to May's residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon.

Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.

US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.

Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.

What a horrible week.

Edited by CasuaLL Cade

Don't forget..Foxnews DID ijust win a lawsuit saying they can make shit up. I checked CNN.com and there is no mention of this at all

But there was something about it MSNBC...

Edited by Lint6

A non-Fox affiliated station has confirmed it.

And seriously, Fox isn't going to go and make up someone's death just to be dicks, especially not a TV pitchman. Anyway, this week is just... wow. I never saw him anywhere other than his appearance on the Tonight Show last week, but he was funny there. Enough with the celebrity death onslaught, already.

Edited by GoGolina Love

TMZ.com

The FAA is already deflecting blame for the death of Billy Mays -- claiming the legendary TV pitchman wasn't wearing a seat belt when he took a shot to the head during a rough landing on a flight he was on yesterday.

Here's what we know -- Billy Mays was aboard U.S. Airways Flight 1241 flying from Philadelphia, which landed roughly when the front tire blew out as it touched down. After the flight, Billy told FOX 13 in Tampa that something struck him in the head -- here's Billy's actual quote:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We called the FAA for comment, and a spokesperson told us, "The passenger needs to wear a seat belt during landing and he didn't."

A spokesperson for US Airways did not want to comment until more information comes to light.

Yeah, Fox News is worse than TMZ, but even they're not going to make up someone's death. And even though they won that case that says they can "lie," it doesn't give them free reign to just make shit up. Libel and slander still apply.

This absolutely suck. This week blew hard. My dad and I were big fans of Billy's after we found a video online where he orders food at a McDonald's. Funny stuff if you can find it. Hopefully somewhere in the universe, Billy and Michael Jackson are moonwalking together on a stage coated with Orange Glo.

And cleaning their clothes with the awesome cleaning pwer of Oxyclean!

While watching ESPN360.com.

And this sucks. I always smiled when one of his informercials would come on. I'm gonna miss his projecting as he called it (yelling) on my television. :(

Edited by Livid Soprano

That is horrible. This week has been awful. Billy Mays was the shit, he sold the most useless things and people just ate that shit up. Just an amazing sales person and a funny guy too.

Something is just surreal hearing that a guy dies when he's got a TV show in the pipeline and was JUST ON THE TONIGHT SHOW full of life. Not to mention, obviously with the ESPN360 ads, he knew how to take a joke. He didn't take himself too seriously and just felt good about himself. God, that sucks most of all. RIP.