Damn, I cannot wait for...

ThePhenom07

Basically, let's discuss what you are looking forward to in music. Gigs, albums etc, etc...

I can wait for Muse's new album in September, The Resistance. Considering I only started listening to them at the start of this year, I have the excitement of buying a NEW Muse album. *marks out*

This is probably the least I have looked forward to a Reading festival, four years running and its lost its appeal to be honest. But that aside I really can't wait to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs live. They're the only band that I love that I've never seen the live and will complete my current 'to do' list. So that's something to count down on the calendar.

The new Islands and Architecture in Helsinki are out this year. Caaaan't wait.

EDIT: Did some searching and now am stoked about The Dodos, Why?, maybe new Panda Bear, Band of Horses, Cocorosie, Flaming Lips, Yo La Tengo, Modest Mouse EP, Destroyer and to a lesser extent Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by Mr Evil Guy

Um, first and foremost, Bonnaroo 2010. It will be epic, for sure. I'm hoping some EWB'ers attend next year.

But, as for this year... "Option Paralysis" by the Dillinger Escape Plan, "Smash the Control Machine" by Otep, "The Incident" by Porcupine Tree, "Man on the Moon" by Kid Cudi and the new Between the Buried & Me album later this year.

I doubt I'll be going to anymore concerts this year, unless some bands I really enjoy tour around TN. I would go see Tool again in Atlanta, but it's too short notice for me now. Oh well. I think seeing the last NIN show in the US has pretty much made my year.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

New Islands? Okay, I've got something for this thread now.

I'd also be interested in whatever Queen does now that they've parted ways with Paul Rodgers, unless it involves Adam Lambert.

Can't wait to see Blur live at T In The Park. It will be epic.

I hate you. :angry:

Anyway, day three of Seattle's Bumbershoot music/arts festival has the potential to be amazing this year. I'm pretty sure that as long as the schedules don't kill everything I have the opportunity to see Franz Ferdinand, Metric, Mirah, Visqueen, and Champagne Champagne all in the same day and that should be amazing. Even if I only see three out of those five (preferably Franz Ferdinand, Mirah, and Visqueen if pushed to that) that's a good day of music right there. Plus Modest Mouse is headlining, which doesn't really blow me away but they could be fun to watch until I get bored and go home.

Plus, I'll probably see De La Soul two days prior to that, which should be awesome even if I'm going to have to take a couple hours off from being at PAX to see it.

Edited by GoGolina Love

New Alice in Chains should be good, sounds pretty heavy, but the main owns I'm really looking forward to despite the fact that they've barely if at all started work on them are new Faith No More and Limp Bizkit albums. I would've been looking forward to them even before Download but seeing how awesome they both were there just took it to a whole new level. Roll on 2010. ¬¬.

Same applies to Black Stone Cherry even though they're no where near doing a new album yet. Think Pearl Jam have a new one too, so that as well.

The inevitable Soundgarden reunion. I can just sense it's getting closer. ¬¬.

Uh oh, motherfuckers... here's my full list

JUNE 30: Killswitch Engage

JULY: Panic at the Disco

The Used - Artwork

Gwar - Lust in Space

JULY 14: DevilDriver - Pray for Villains

JULY 21: Nightmare of You - Infomaniac

AUGUST: The Ataris

The Innocent

Linkin Park

KISS

Flyleaf

Behemoth

Saosin

SEPTEMBER: Dead by Sunrise - Out of Ashes

AFI - Crash Love

Every Time I Die - New Junk Aesthetic

Megadeth - Endgame

Paramore

SEPTEMBER 15: Shadows Fall - Retribution

Swollen Members - Armed to the Teeth

SEPTEMBER 29: Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue

OCTOBER: Gunfire 76

Anthrax - Worship Music

Fozzy - Chasing the Grail

Skinny Puppy

Tegan and Sara

NOVEMBER: Rob Zombie

DECEMBER: Stone Temple Pilots

2009: Carnivore

Black Light Burns

Dream Evil - In the Night

Social Distortion

Mike Ness

Morbid Angel

Only Crime

30 Seconds to Mars

2010: Bret "Epic" Mazur - Strip to This

J Vs J

Blink 182

Circle Jerks

The new Linkin Park won't be out until 2010. Chester's solo album is coming out soon, though.

Last I heard it was supposed to be out shortly after Chester's... but, that's okay. I keep the list so that I can keep track, and that means changing dates when I hear new ones. Thanks.

The new Linkin Park won't be out until 2010. Chester's solo album is coming out soon, though.

Last I heard it was supposed to be out shortly after Chester's... but, that's okay. I keep the list so that I can keep track, and that means changing dates when I hear new ones. Thanks.

Technically it will be. Chester's solo album is out in like, September. It's a few months wait :shifty:

- Pantheon I "Worlds I Create" (coming out July 27)

- Behemoth "Evangelion" (August 7)

- GWAR's "Lust In Space (August 18)

- New High On Fire and Rob Zombie

- Fjoergyn's "Jahreszeiten", Marduk's "Wormwood", Slayer's "World Painted Blood" and Townsend's "Addicted" (all supposedly coming out in September)

- Dying Fetus' "Descend Into Depravity" (September 15)

- New fucking Immortal which is awesome, entitled "All Shall Fall" (September 25)

- New Arch Enemy, called "The Root Of All Evil" (September 28)

- New Nile, Summoning, Finntroll, and alot of other shit that I dont care to mention because it has been only been briefly rumored.

I would like Belle & Sebastian to release something new cause it's been like three years. Apart from that I just take it as it comes you know. I'm not really too worked up about anything at the moment.

Oh and I can't wait for Michael Jackson's shows at the O2 Arena.

CD's

"Agents Of The Underground" by Strung Out

"Iron Front" by Strike Anywhere

New EP and Album by A Wilhelm Scream

"Chasing Hamburg" by Polar Bear Club

New Album by Chuck Ragan

"Ocean Eyes" by Owl City

"Herald Moth" by InMe

"No More Stories..." by Mew

"The Listening" by Lights

"The Cosmic Drama" by Weatherbox (have a cassette tape rip...it's basically unlistenable, but sounds epic)

"Ellipse" by Imogen Heap

"99 Songs Of Revolution" by Streetlight Manifesto etc.

There's probably LOOOOADS, but that's off the top of my head.

GIGS

Leeds Festival

The Get Up Kids

(supposed) Hot Water Music tour

(supposed) Dillinger 4 tour

The Flatliners

A Wilhelm Scream

Rise Against w/Thursday and Poison The Well (RA's setlist will probably depress me...but they're worth seeing still, and fuck me...that's a line-up)

Apologies, I Have None w/Calvinball, ONSIND

The Cribs

Edited by YI