Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

I got bored of Chelsea. I have decided to take on Notts County.

So far I have brought in Olivier Bernard on a free. He hasn't played in over a year. I've also brought in Ciaran Clark from Villa on loan, and am battling it out with a few teams for Ivan Campo. Looks like I will also snap up Godwin Antwi.

Fun.

We actually beat Werder Bremen 3-2 in pre-season. :D

All players I got for Notts County in the first season too, who needs all that money!

I took Sunderland to 4th in the league in my first season! Edged out Liverpool on goal difference, who finished 5th! Lost the away leg of my qualifier to Hamburg 3-1, but took the home leg 2-0 to get in on away goals. Didn't think I had a chance of qualifying from a group including AC Milan, Zenit, and Athletic Bilbao, but three games in and its won 2, lost 1 (away to Milan 2-1), so there's a chance I could get Sunderland to the second round of the Champs League! :) :) :)

Third season and we've started scoring thankfully.

After hovering around 10th most of the season we're up to 5th with 8 to play which was good as the board were getting worried.....Defeats at home to Blackburn and Fulham didn't help but then we went and beat Chelsea (0-1) and Liverpool (2-4) away.

Keane scored 11 in 40 in the first year and 11 in 40-odd the second year and was our top scorer but this year he's banging them in with 23 in 34 or so. My other four strikers (Crouch, Defoe, Pav and Nicola Pozzi) float around him and enter the team when they're on form and stay until they hit a small barren patch and they get swapped out. So Pav had a run of 4 in 5 games, Pozzi got 5 in 6 and Crouch got a hattrick. Defoe still sucks though.

EDIT: Also managed to secure Franco Di Santo and Jack Rodwell on free contracts for next season. Di Santo on £5k a week and Rodwell on £4k. Giggs is retiring this season but he's in my team for cup competitions and has helped guide us to the FA Cup semis. For some reason his favourite person is a random Portuguese striker who has just turned pro that season. Weird.

Started a game with Notts County and am in the Premiership by season 5 (yeah, quite a bit of simming happened ¬_¬)

So far I can tell you the following:

Loan signings = amazing when on a tight budget. David N'Gog actually scores goals ¬_¬

End of contracts = Not as good, it's far easier to sign players in the split second their contract expires and they don't have a club (and far cheaper)

Funnily enough, on promotion to the Premier League I managed to sign half of the Celtic squad, partly because the idiots at Celtic forgot to renew their contracts. Hello Scott Brown, Aiden McGeady and two others ¬_¬

Chelsea got boring, so I've kicked up a new game as Wigan. I spent my whole budget on a Russian striker - Milevskyi. I also said we could get top 10.

We were destroyed 3-0 by United at OT first game of the season. Gonna be a long season.

Chelsea got boring, so I've kicked up a new game as Wigan. I spent my whole budget on a Russian striker - Milevskyi. I also said we could get top 10.

We were destroyed 3-0 by United at OT first game of the season. Gonna be a long season.

Artem? He's Ukrainian. Was awesome for me at Spurs in FM09.

Had an FA Cup match against Everton before a League game with Everton

I told my FA Cup squad to hassle opponents, strong tackles etc. and used my most aggressive players. By the end, three Everton players had broken bones, another 2 were unfit to play the next game.

I lost 6-2 but smashed them in the League 4-1.

• Like 1

Wahey! Finished the league in fourth after beating Man Utd 2-0 away in the final game. I was gonna finish third but Arsenal scored a winner in the last minute to finish equal on points and goal difference with me but more goals. So Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton.

I just have the FA Cup Final to come, again against Man Utd. I'll give Giggs a game so his final game of his career will be at Wembley against Man Utd. Kinda fitting I think. In real life he'd get the most incredible reaction.

My final run working back from the last league game was: WWWWWDWWWDDWDDWWWDWL so 19 games unbeaten or something incredible.

Also Robbie Keane finished as joint top league scorer with Torres - 18 goals. Third was di Santo with 16 so he should help me out nicely next season.

Keane has 26 from 47, Pavlyuchenko 10 from 20, Pozzi 8 from 15 then Crouch and Defoe both 3 from 13. Modric got 7 from 39.

Gomes conceded 28 in 42 games.

Ugh, what idiot decided to play international games the day before the FA Cup final. That means my back up keeper, Corluka, Modric, van der Vaart and Pavlyuchenko aren't available. I hope Man U have the same problems...Won't make for such a good spectacle though.

What formation do you guys usually play?

I mainly play 3-4-1-2, but I'm thinking of playing 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, or 4-3-1-2, but unsure which. From FM09 I have stuck with the 3-4-1-2 as I never really liked using full backs, but might start now.

Anyway, my current line up is:

GK:Edson

CB: Jairo

CB: Leandro Amaro

CB: Ricardo Alvarez

LM: Diego Calderon

CM: Elias

CM: Agenor

RM: Leonardo Abelenda

CAM: Anailson

ST: Marcao

ST: Zulu

I rotate between 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-2 depending on the opposition and where I am. For my Everton team, I generally use the line-ups below. I am just through the January transfer window and after getting 10 million from Real Madrid for Yobo, 13 million from Man City for Yakubu and Vaughan and 4 million fron Sunderland for Hibbert, things looks like this.

GK: Howard

DR: Neill DC: Heitinga DC: Distin DL: Baines

MR: Arteta MC: Fellani MC: Cahill ML: Ashley Young

FC: van Nistelrooy FC: Jo

OR

GK: Howard

DR: Neill DC: Heitinga DC: Distin DL: Baines

DMC: Neville

MC: Fellani MC: Arteta

AMR: Pienaar AML: Young

FC: Ruud