AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I think that's a question for the next half of the season. But I bet he put the pieces together, and I bet he didn't mention it because if he did that'd be the end of the barn.

I didn't see the twist coming. A lot of this has to do with the fact that in the comic...

Sophia is one of the only original survivors still alive. Definitely gives new meaning to the scene with her and Carl in the latest issue where he comments that nothing bad ever happens to her.

Regarding why it was never mentioned..

Otis was in charge of rounding up the walkers and putting them in the barn. Because when they first arrived they were all about saving Carl, they never mentioned "We also lost a little girl". Had they done that, Otis could've said "We found her."

Regarding why it was never mentioned..

Otis was in charge of rounding up the walkers and putting them in the barn. Because when they first arrived they were all about saving Carl, they never mentioned "We also lost a little girl". Had they done that, Otis could've said "We found her."

...that actually makes a lot of sense.

I didn't see the ending coming until

Shane went to the barn and started to bash it. I just KNEW she was going to be in there...and holy shit, that was perfect.

Just an amazing episode, I LOVE this show. Shane is the greatest heel ever.

All the talk of Rick not being able to handle the new world..that one act showed perfectly that he can handle it better then the rest of them

• Like 1

I want Shane to hurry up and die already. I don't care how much he made the "right call" or he's "right" or whatever, he's an egotistical prick and a completely unlikeable character. Which is the point, I suppose.

Oh, come on, that was so obvious.

It kinda was but wow that was still rough to watch. I do have one question about it and I'll spoiler it just in case.

Hershel knew they were looking for her. Did it not cross his mind to mention "Hey Rick we picked up a little girl the other day" or did he think that and maybe just not tell them? I mean I know before it was to hide the barn but they knew about it now.

Hershel only started wrangling zombies after Otis died. He had no idea she was in there.

I really hope Shane doesn't die. He's a great character to have around and his way of looking at things makes him a lot more interesting than the vast majority of characters. Hell, his character is pretty much the only interesting one in my opinion. I mean, I like Rick, I like Darryl, Dale and Glenn and a few others, but none of them are really all that interesting when compared to how complicated a character Shane is. He's doing all these awful things, making these choices that no one supports, but in the end they've all been the right choices so far. Well, apart from attempting to rape Laurie, but he hasn't been that guy for a while. I actually quite like him at the moment.

I didn't see the ending coming at all. Fuck. I figured Sophia was going to end up being with some new group we'd meet eventually, it was done pretty well to never really overlap the issue of the barn with the issue of Sophia too much, so it just never occurred to me she'd be in there. They even made sure to make it seem like most of the people in the barn where friends and relatives of Hershel, so why would Sophia be in there?

Why is February so far away? :(

Hell, most of the people in the group didn't need more than a second to take a gun and then to blast the walkers away. They agree with Shane to certain degrees, just not the extreme bits.

He was even right about Sophia being 'gone'. Had they never found out about the barn how long would the group have ignored Shane and stayed looking for her?

Hell, most of the people in the group didn't need more than a second to take a gun and then to blast the walkers away. They agree with Shane to certain degrees, just not the extreme bits.

He was even right about Sophia being 'gone'. Had they never found out about the barn how long would the group have ignored Shane and stayed looking for her?

I think everyone agrees with Shane really, even Rick, they were just keeping with Hershels rules. I can't wait to see the next conversation between Hershel and the rest of the group, Shane was out of line in what he did... but fuck, even if he didn't know, Hershel had Sophia locked away the whole time. I look forward to seeing how they do that, if he knew or not.

The best part of the end for me...

When Sophia came out of the barn, Shane was even standing there unable to do anything. Here's this guy who is seemingly unhinged and willing to do the worst things imaginable to survive and yet even he was shaken to the point of paralysis when Sophia staggered out of the barn.

I honestly did not think Sophia would be in the barn. I thought Herschel's wife was the last in the barn and he was going to shoot Shane or the other way around.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Definitely seemed like that was going to be what they were building up to, with how much they talked about his wife.

On Talking Dead they mentioned how the scene was shot two ways. One as we saw, Sophia all zombiefied up. The other, with her completely looking normal. In the second version she stepped out of the barn, cringed at the sunlight, and looked innocently at the group. It was supposed to show Hershel's point of view on zombies. Only when Rick stepped up ready to fire would we see Sophia as what she truly was. I LOVE that ending and so wish they went with it.

That was awesome.

On Talking Dead they mentioned how the scene was shot two ways. One as we saw, Sophia all zombiefied up. The other, with her completely looking normal. In the second version she stepped out of the barn, cringed at the sunlight, and looked innocently at the group. It was supposed to show Hershel's point of view on zombies. Only when Rick stepped up ready to fire would we see Sophia as what she truly was. I LOVE that ending and so wish they went with it.

That would have been awesomer.

As long as it was shot right, with constant cuts from human Sophia back to Hershel, then it would have been amazing. Things like that need to sometimes make it TOO obvious that it's just one persons viewpoint, otherwise some less bright members of the audience don't get it.

Kirkman interview, no real spoilers but if people don't even want an idea of what's going to happen next series...

There's going to be some new conflicts thrown into the mix, and there's going to be some new characters that are introduced pretty early on.

Michonne!? Tyrese! Probably not. But maybe!

Finally, the series found its balls and did something completely shocking, just like the books.

I really didn't see that coming. I liked the idea of Sophia just being gone, they give up and then they randomly find her as a zombie next season or something, but I never thought they would do that. The zombie part wasn't a surprise, but her being in the barn was genuinely shocking for me. And Rick walking up and shooting her while all the other bad asses looked like they were about to cry was just absolutely heartbreaking. Hell of a finale.

• Like 2

Wow. I didnt see that coming like almost everyone else. That was an amazing ending.

I know Shane was making good points and was right in a way, but somehow they make me hate him more. It wasn't their call to make and Shane could have just had the rest of the people leave the farm with him instead of shooting the walkers.

Then the whole scene of them shooting all the walkers coming out without hesitation, only to be unable to even do anything once they see Sophia shows just how little they were thinking of Herschel's feelings on the matter. Since the walkers in the barn weren't anyone they actually knew they had no trouble shooting them, but the second a walker ends up being the person they've been looking for it hits them with the way Herschel was viewing the walkers. It brings to light just how difficult it can be to kill them if it is actually someone you know and have a strong connection with, regardless of how dangerous they may be. Rick being the only one with balls enough to do what the others had wanted to do but were now unable to do was a great ending to it all.

I was expecting Herschel to grab a gun and shoot Shane or Rick to shoot Shane or SOMETHING like that, but Rick shooting Sophia and acting like the leader that Shane didn't think Rick was capable of being was great. I prefer the ending that aired than the alternate. Sophia not being zombified I dont think would have really given the same feeling as the actual ending.

It sucks we have to wait until February for new episodes, but Im glad I actually watched season 2. I was planning on deleting it from my DVR since I wasnt THAT impressed with season 1 after it was done airing, but this has been a huge improvement.

Edited by Vitamin E