AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

18 hours ago, Colly said:

I was quite impressed the two pairs of skates were the right size.

They were cheap strap blades.. Size didn't matter if they were adult skates!! ...Unless Carl has clown feet for his size...  If I couldn't skate like Carl, I'd definitely be rocking out the blades without any fear of zombies coming near me... 

26 minutes ago, Ruki said:

The best parts of this season: JDM and Steve Ogg (he needs to be in more things). 

Steve Ogg, yeah, totally. I still see and hear him as Trevor but it works in this. But JDM, apart from the first episode, has been rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I've liked them both. And all the episodes. The only part I could have done without was Enid and the rolletskates, and even that was pretty harmless.

When they spent an entire episode with Negan and Rick shopping I really lost interest in him. It was like watching some bloke being dragged around a mall by his missus.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

I thought that episode did a really good job of showing what level of control Negan and his group has over them, creates a sense of dread throughout.

I guess, but for me it just dragged on and on.

19 minutes ago, Fly the W! said:

Day in the limelight?

Yes, an episode where its about a secondary characters adventure away from the main story line.  The Walking Dead has done this a bunch, like Morgan and the Cheesemaker, The Governor and Tara's family, Beth at the cop hospital place.  They have their place in the story, but in these case it just seems like an awful lot of them in quick succession that is delaying Alexandria/Saviours arc, and after such a big moment.

See, I rather prefer those episodes because they're usually not as bleak and endlessly shit as the main storyline stuff. 

The Walking Dead hits lowest ratings since season 3

AMC’s mega-hit fell sharply after its seventh season premiere last month, and has declined steadily each week since to mark the steepest ratings fall in the show’s history. In fact, Sunday’s fifth episode of the season delivered the show’s lowest viewership since season 3.

Viewership dropped 25 percent for the season’s second episode down to 12.5 million. Such a drop may have been expected somewhat given all the hype around the premiere resolving last season’s fateful circle-of-victims cliffhanger. But then the third episode dropped too (11.7 million), and so did the fourth (11.4 million) and now the fifth (11 million). Those are modest drops between episodes 2 through 5, but for TWD it still marks a low point for the show since 2013.

31 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Yes, an episode where its about a secondary characters adventure away from the main story line.  The Walking Dead has done this a bunch, like Morgan and the Cheesemaker, The Governor and Tara's family, Beth at the cop hospital place.  They have their place in the story, but in these case it just seems like an awful lot of them in quick succession that is delaying Alexandria/Saviours arc, and after such a big moment.

I am about 50/50 on those. Morgan and the Cheesemaker is actually one of my favorite episodes

• Like 4

Episodes like this make me understand how/why the ratings are the lowest they've been in 3-4 years....and I like Tara. That was not a good episode.

They need to focus on Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom.....not bring in some (likely) one and done village. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

I'm not understanding the disappointment with any of the episodes this season, I think it's been a really good season so far. They are tying up stories from the past season and laying groundwork for the eventual uprising that is bound to take place against The Saviors. I also don't think it's the last we heard Oceanside since they have guns/ammo and people with a reason to fight back, if they band all the communities together.

I think the pendulum swung back the other way from people being angry with the show for too much zombie violence and gore, now people are mad at the pace of the storytelling and not enough action. The only things I really haven't liked about this season were moments in the last two episodes: Carl finds roller skates and then Tara sees a dreadlocked walker, we all think is Heath but it's just a woman with dreadlocks.. like, really? 

About Episode 7, spoilered just in case..

Edited by punky
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, punky said:
  Hide contents

I'm not understanding the disappointment with any of the episodes this season, I think it's been a really good season so far. They are tying up stories from the past season and laying groundwork for the eventual uprising that is bound to take place against The Saviors. I also don't think it's the last we heard Oceanside since they have guns/ammo and people with a reason to fight back, if they band all the communities together.

I think the pendulum swung back the other way from people being angry with the show for too much zombie violence and gore, now people are mad at the pace of the storytelling and not enough action. 

About Episode 7, spoilered just in case..

The season would be way better if they didn't dedicate entire episodes to side stories and mixed them together so each week they all moved forward, over watching something for an hour, then the next week watching an entire different part of the story and only seeing the results each episode 3-4 weeks later.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Azazel said:

The season would be way better if they didn't dedicate entire episodes to side stories and mixed them together so each week they all moved forward, over watching something for an hour, then the next week watching an entire different part of the story and only seeing the results each episode 3-4 weeks later.

See, I think these side episodes work better in telling the full story when you dedicate an entire episode to them. I know I'm probably in the minority but I liked seeing everything progress together in one episode, I think you get a better understanding of what's going on with the characters. It also helps when the main character(s) are interesting and the actor(s) can hold their own, which I think Alana Masterson did.

• Like 1