EWBFL (X360)

Cactus Drags

And at some point I reversed course, I think I am picking up Madden 11... perhaps another online franchise for 11 is in order, considering this one turned out pretty well overall.

And I just found out the girlfriend bought a puppy, so looks like I'll be trading in Madden 10 a little earlier than planned. Means I'm out of the franchise. It was a lot of fun guys, looking forward to playing in another one with you guys real soon.

And at some point I reversed course, I think I am picking up Madden 11... perhaps another online franchise for 11 is in order, considering this one turned out pretty well overall.

And I just found out the girlfriend bought a puppy, so looks like I'll be trading in Madden 10 a little earlier than planned. Means I'm out of the franchise. It was a lot of fun guys, looking forward to playing in another one with you guys real soon.

Sorry to lose you, man, especially since you were just apart to play mystikz' Saints. Hopefully see you for the '11 edition.

Week 5 Schedule - Deadline Tuesday night/Wednesday morning

Texans (3-0) @ Saints/mystikz (4-0)

Cardinals (3-1) @ Cowboys/Kyle (4-0)

Steelers (2-1) @ Ravens/Slogger (4-0)

Seahawks/Ekin (2-2) @ Giants (0-4)

Raiders (2-1) @ Bears/Dragsy (3-1)

Bye: DYSI

Just had one of the most frustrating yet rewarding games ever. JaMarcus Russell is playing like the fucking lovechild of Joe Montana and Peyton Manning on HGH, Heyward Bey is a ghost that refuses to be tackled, and Matt Forte runs like he has a combination of superglue and treacle on his shoes. Cannot get anything going on offense, down 27-14 with three minutes left in the game. Tillman's endzone interception keeps me in the game. Hester gets a 69 yard TD reception, but the onside kick fails and I don't have any time outs. Now a minute left, McFadden fumbles and Steltz (who had a monster game with 7 tackles and probably as many pass deflections) recovers, dubiously at the sideline. Still, it counts. Asomughua (I don't care if it's spelled wrong) has shut down one entire side of the field, so I have to rely on tight end posts and occasionally risking a throw to Hester, who finished with 4 or 5 drops. Manage to get into the red zone, but on first down, Cutler's hit as he throws and it falls incomplet. Then Clark drops an easy catch in the endzone. Third down, 7 seconds left, Cutler's flushed out of the pocket, releases the ball just as he's hit and Dessy Clark makes a harder grab than the one he dropped in traffic for the winning score (with Goulds PAT).

Funniest thing was the Raiders trying to ice Robbie Gould for the PAT.

ah too bad we were about to have our first game.

won 27-24 against the texans. was up 17-0 nothing then was barely able to tie it 24-24 with 3 minutes left. missed a 46 yard field goal with 1 second left after making a 52 earlier. had ANOTHER injury scare with Reggie Bush getting knocked out but it was just for the game. he returned another kickoff for the td on the opening kick for an avg of almost 1 a game, crazy.

Hey Dragsy, I had my very first PAT of the game against Cincy blocked (Probably only the 3rd PAT block i've seen in 10) and had to fight an uphill battle and almost lost my a point if it wasn't for Ed Reed diving on a fumble with 2:01 left on the clock, Got challenged but kept the ball and drove down the field and won.

It's good to know without Kyle that the Bengals still give me problems.

Didn't help that going into the 4th I lost Willis on one play and then Rice a few plays later and then McClain on the game winning drive so I had to put Peerman in who's played about 10 downs in this entire OD.

Willis is out for 2 weeks and that's as bad as it got thankfully.

I can honestly say I have never seen a blocked PAT, field goal, or punt in all my years of Madden. I have blocked a punt or two in college football, but I have never seen one in a Madden game.

I've never seen a blocked Punt or field goal.

But I've seen 3 blocked PAT's in Madden 10 alone and they've all been because one guy broke through the line and had the ball kicked into him.

it's very rare. I've seen maybe 2 blocked field goals, a 50 some yarder vs a friend online, and in last years madden one that was a long field goal that got tipped and I caught it in the endzone and returned it all the way. as for blocked punts the only time I've blocked one they were punting from the 2 and I hit it and it went out of bounds for a safety.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep up this kind of pace for '11. Although I guess it's a lot easier when there's virtually no user games.

Week 6 Schedule - Deadline Wednesday morning (only four games, see).

Saints/mystikz (5-0) Colts (3-2)

Eagles (1-3) @ Bears/Dragsy (4-1)

49ers/DYSI (4-0) @ Steelers (2-2)

Browns (1-3) @ Ravens/Slogger (5-0)

Bye: Seahwks/Ekin, Cowboys/Kyle

Wow are the Steelers a tough CPU team. First half I was lucky to lead 17-7, their defense was all over the field and shut everything down until I put a drive together after a forced fumble on a punt return also got an INT with Kevin Payne (thanks Drags..) and was lucky enough to have Reed miss a FG under 30 yds. Then in the second half (after already bruising his ribs in the first half) Nate Davis was stretchered out with a fuckin torn quad and is done for 11 weeks... ugh, so much for an MVP year.

Finished the game off with a couple more picks (including one that turned into a FF and then THAT turned into another FF, causing me to lose it) and some Frank Gore TDs, 41-7 final.

Wow are the Steelers a tough CPU team. First half I was lucky to lead 17-7, their defense was all over the field and shut everything down until I put a drive together after a forced fumble on a punt return also got an INT with Kevin Payne (thanks Drags..) and was lucky enough to have Reed miss a FG under 30 yds. Then in the second half (after already bruising his ribs in the first half) Nate Davis was stretchered out with a fuckin torn quad and is done for 11 weeks... ugh, so much for an MVP year.

Finished the game off with a couple more picks (including one that turned into a FF and then THAT turned into another FF, causing me to lose it) and some Frank Gore TDs, 41-7 final.

Justin Smith's been a beast too, can't count the number of times he's gotten into the bakcfield and disrupted a pass or gotten the runner. Only got a sack or two to show for it so far, mind.