UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Thread

stokeriño

Amazing game. That was the Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels of football matches for this season. Arsenal can't be written off, despite having an incredibly difficult task in the Nou Camp next week. Even though Barca will be without Pique and Puyol, Arsenal will need to play much better to stand a chance, Nasri and Arshavin will need to shine and Diaby and Song will actually have to pass the ball properly. I highly doubt they'll keep clean sheet either, especially as there's no way Messi has two bad games in a row.

I loved the commentator wondering why they didn't start Walcott if he could do what he did.

As if it didn't occur to him what so ever that bringing a very fast player on versus players who have been running around for over an hour wasn't going to help Arsenal in anyway at all.

How do commentators even get jobs?

• Like 1

Brilliant game, my favourite of the tournament so far. Found myself cheering on Arsenal the entire time, probably because I cant stand Barca. Almunia was spectacular and Fabregas moving on one leg for the last five minutes was crazy. Huge shame he'll miss the second leg, but what a damn come back, huge credit for that. Walcott changed the entire game really. Only down point was Arshavin going off so early, hopefully he's fit for the second leg. The plus for Arsenal is Puyol and Pique missing for the second leg.

A little annoying that the ITV commentary team orgasm over Messi for about 89 minutes of the 90 minutes, as if he's Pele, Maradonna and Best in one. Yes, I know he's a brilliant player, but there are 21 other players on the pitch to at least give a mention.

Denilson's booking...

The challenge on Messi was similar to Fletcher on Fabregas in the semi's last season. Ball won first, but the foul come after it.

Uefa made it clear after the game that even if the ball is won in the first instance, a foul can still be called afterwards. So going by that, Andy Gray is chatting shit again by saying it wasn't a FK.

And it's 2-1.