General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just read about that. It's not a surprise, and the quality has dipped in these last two seasons, but it's still one of my favorites - even in its current, lesser form.

It's for the best, but I'll be interested to see how things wrap up.

Guest mr. potato head

I've been working my way through Homeland. Two episodes to go and it's pretty damn awesome. Almost as good as Game of Thrones.

One episode to go. Holy fuck what a show.

Hey, rest of EWB aside from me and Teej! MPH is further ahead on the TV curve than you. You just gonna stand there and take it?

Srar watched it too and loved it. Because like you, me, and MPH she has great taste.

I feel dirty now.

Guest mr. potato head

I've been making a concerted effort not to spoil the Homeland finale for myself the way I did with Game of Thrones (where I saw a promo photo which gave a plot point away). I've been doing well and most of the twists have legitimately shocked me. But heading into the finale, I'm worried that I might know where this is going:

Surely Saul (or somebody else) is smart enough to wonder why Brody would be telling people about his fling with Cari out of the blue, when he's running for office and that would certainly damage his all-American reputation, and given that risk, must have had an important ulterior motive?

Just watched this week's HIMYM and it seemed like a real downer. It might have been that I don't care for Marshall's boss and he was the only person that had a revelation this episode.

Worst episode of the season. Not remotely funny. Seriously just a bad episode.

Guest mr. potato head

Just watched this week's HIMYM and it seemed like a real downer. It might have been that I don't care for Marshall's boss and he was the only person that had a revelation this episode.

Worst episode of the season. Not remotely funny. Seriously just a bad episode.

Just watched it and have to agree. It's like they came up with the "five minutes in each room" concept and then tried to shoehorn in some plots, but the plots were just...nothing.

I don't keep notes, but I do on occasion have to go to the episode guide of tv.com to remind myself where I am on certain shows.

And cheer up EWB, 30 Rock is now doing numbers far worse than Community did. I keep hearing rumors Community may wind up back on the air in that slot by March if the trend continues.

Guest mr. potato head

Curiosity. Does anyone else have to keep notes of what shows/seasons that they've watched so that they can keep up with everything, or is that just me? >_>

Not really, but then my viewing patterns are to start a show at the beginning and then plow through it until I've caught up to the present day (and then just follow along with new episodes). I wouldn't watch the first two seasons of Breaking Bad and then jump over to NewsRadio and Party Down before going back to Breaking Bad, so it's easier to keep track of what I've seen and what I haven't.

And cheer up EWB, 30 Rock is now doing numbers far worse than Community did. I keep hearing rumors Community may wind up back on the air in that slot by March if the trend continues.

That doesn't cheer me up, I like 30 Rock :(

Plus, it's facing Idol too on top of Big Bang Theory.

Yeah, ideally 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, The Office, and Community would all find a permanent home on NBC Thursday night. Nothing against Up All Night, I just haven't watched it. Maybe get a good sixth comedy and go back to the briefly attempted six comedies in a row?