General Television Thread

Hellfire

Guest mr. potato head

I watched all of Homeland in a week about a month back. I enjoyed it but was a little disappointed they didn't pull the trigger at the end, although that would have obviously negated a second season happening.

Would it have? If everybody in that room died, nobody would know who was behind it.

I suppose they could have worked something out. Have the second season about the other soldier that was turned (The sniper) or something. I just feel a second season of the show will be a disappointment because it worked brilliantly as a one season story arc and I can't see what they can do to make the second season as interesting. I won't complain if the wife continues to get her boobs out though.

Guest mr. potato head

Just watched the Luck finale, finally. The series started out slow (enjoyable, but slow) but it really picked up steam in the last few episodes. I'd have loved for it to continue for a few years. What a great show.

Just watched the final episode of Worst Cooks in America. Not sure how the heck the winner deserved to win. The winner had more issues with the dishes, at least that the judges voiced, than the loser.

Eurgh. The whole Cassie/Adam thing in Secret Circle...

... you have known each other for, what, two, maybe three months? You are not so ridiculously in love that you can't separate. You've barely had any real interaction beyond the whole "written in the stars" prophecy (which your own fucking parents proved was bullshit) and bumping uglies once. I fucking hate when shows do stuff like this.

Yeah, Britta is very very flat at the start of the show. She gets better, especially once they realize how funny Gillian Jacobs is.

Actually I hate to say this cause I love Community but the last few episodes have been pretty flat too. End of season 1/most of season 2 is really the shows peak.

Definitely. Season 3 is different to the rest of the show. It's not bad, but it's not as great. Of course, apparently me and Quasi are the only ones on the forum that think this. >_>

Though the Heart of Darkness Documentary episode is awesome.

I think there have been episodes in this season that would rank among the weaker episodes of the show as a whole (the one from two weeks ago in particular). I also think that season two had episodes that weren't much better.

Yeah, I feel like Seasons 2 and 3 are on the same level, so far. If there's a marked difference, it's that it's delving into dark territory more often. And I'm for it, as the best moments of the season have revolved around that material.

And if you can't get behind "Pillows and Blankets", we're probably going to have directly opposite preferences.