General Television Thread

Hellfire

I really want to like 2 Broke Girls, but it's not filling me with any hope. Dumb jokes with dumb people does not make enthralling TV.

It's a decent show, certainly not great but certainly not terrible like some will make out. It has it's good moments and then it's dull moments, but overall it's a decent little show.

And fuck off Potato Head, The Killing is brilliant :angry:

So you like two of the worst shows on TV? Zero credibility.

• Like 1

I really want to like 2 Broke Girls, but it's not filling me with any hope. Dumb jokes with dumb people does not make enthralling TV.

It's a decent show, certainly not great but certainly not terrible like some will make out. It has it's good moments and then it's dull moments, but overall it's a decent little show.

And fuck off Potato Head, The Killing is brilliant :angry:

So you like two of the worst shows on TV? Zero credibility.

2 Broke Girls, fair enough. But come on, The Killing? It's great :crying:

NewsRadio is wonderful. I've only watched the first two seasons but I love it.

I just finished watching 'The Cane'. It was stunning.

You know what they say, everybody loves a cane!

• Like 1

So I finished watching The Spectacular Spider-Man and I'm pissed that it only lasted 2 seasons. The show was really starting to get good when they canceled it. Damn you Disney! :shakes fist:

I know, right? It was a great series. My only gripe with it was the art style; really not a fan of that at all. Other than that, I loved the pacing, the writing, everything else about it.

So I finished watching The Spectacular Spider-Man and I'm pissed that it only lasted 2 seasons. The show was really starting to get good when they canceled it. Damn you Disney! :shakes fist:

I know, right? It was a great series. My only gripe with it was the art style; really not a fan of that at all. Other than that, I loved the pacing, the writing, everything else about it.

I was put off by the art style at first but it grew on me as the series continued. The pacing and the writing were excellent, probably the best animated Spider-Man show I've seen. The build to Eddie Brock becoming Venom, the complex relationship between Gwen Stacy and Peter, The Green Goblin, Flash Thompson's character arc. It's just things I thought I'd never really see in an animated kids show.

Guest mr. potato head

I was put off by the art style at first but it grew on me as the series continued. The pacing and the writing were excellent, probably the best animated Spider-Man show I've seen. The build to Eddie Brock becoming Venom, the complex relationship between Gwen Stacy and Peter, The Green Goblin, Flash Thompson's character arc. It's just things I thought I'd never really see in an animated kids show.

I haven't seen it but I would be amazed if it was better than 90s Spider-Man.

90s Spider-Man is great, but not as wonderfully cohesive as Spectacular. 90s Spidey is great for sticking to the source material incredibly well, but it's almost to a fault at points, and came across as dated even during it's original run. Plus the only appearance of Gwen Stacy in the entire run was one alternate universe episode, which is criminal. Gwen :wub: Mind you, both are terrific examples of source material made good, which Ultimate Spidey isn't.

If you gave Spectacular Spider-Man the '90s Spider-Man's theme song you'd have the most unassailably good Spider-Man cartoon of all time.

• Like 2

Guest mr. potato head

If you gave Spectacular Spider-Man the '60s Spider-Man's theme song you'd have the most unassailably good Spider-Man cartoon of all time.

Fixed :shifty:

I'll admit that I haven't seen Spectacular so I'm willing to believe it deserves its kudos, but how does the 90s show seem dated? It's been a few years since I've watched, but nothing comes to mind (though the Spider-Man Unlimited follow-up was dated in a really, really bad way). Plus the 90s show gave us that awesome blink-and-you'll-miss-it show opening where a man walks out to empty a basket of feathers into a dumpster, which turns out to be fortunate seconds later when Spidey runs out of web fluid and falls off a building into said dumpster!