General Television Thread

Hellfire

Latest episode of Don't trust the bitch in Apartment 23 was pretty good! JVDB's "cameo" in a Guy Ritchie movie was fantastic.

JVDB is amazing. I'm not too into the rest of the show, but I'm watching just for him.

I'm liking the Awake pilot, but I kind of wish they'd gone with something clearer to show each reality, some kind of mild lens filter or something.

What do you mean? I don't remember if it's apparent in the pilot, but each reality has different tones. The green reality is usually a sort of dark, green-ish tint and the red reality uses fleshier tones and is much brighter.

Not very apparent in the pilot, at least not to my eyes, but then my eyes are probably fucked from watching too much TV :shifty:

It is in the pilot. It's been in every episode. A greenish tint and a reddish one. The pilot's director (I forget his name now) set the tone every other director followed.

And oddly enough LL, I've now read two articles explaining why NBC might actually renew it, believe it or not.

Speaking of, I watched The Ringer finale. The show really grew on me after a while, and ironed out a lot of the issues that I had with it early on. Hoping it gets renewed, but the final episode was fulfilling enough, even if it wasn't bookended.

I came in to mention Ringer too, as I just watched the finale.

An awesome show. It started well but slowed down for a few episodes in the middle, but everything since it's return has been great.

I really hope it gets a 2nd season. I read it'll have a lot less flashbacks than the first, and focus primarily on the present.

I think the reviews turned me off Ringer, but if it gets renewed I might check it out if the end of the season is good to you guys. I'll be honest, you people seem to be on the top of what is good or not.

Wait, what, Benji will watch ANYTHING. Come on now. I love the guy too but we've established he watches Sex and The City.

I mean I haven't watched Ringer but I just felt that needed to be pointed out. >_>

• Like 1

Wait, what, Benji will watch ANYTHING. Come on now. I love the guy too but we've established he watches Sex and The City.

I mean I haven't watched Ringer but I just felt that needed to be pointed out. >_>

Yeah, I mean if you REALLY want to know what shows to watch, just read the first few pages of this thread and look for posts by either TKz or myself. :shifty:

So I just saw like a full minute, minute and a half trailer for Prometheus on TV. Just thought I'd mention, because that's awesome. I don't think we ever get long trailers on TV during adverts, only quick 20-30 second TV spots.

Does this ever happen in the US?

That never happens. Only time we get a moderately long commercial is during the superbowl, to my recollection. The only commercials we get during RAW are for Subway, that Men's hair coloring thing, and Geico.

I'm ignoring your silly "too slow" thing to say that the shows on that list that I think you'll personally like the best are Freaks and Geeks, Party Down, and Terriers. You'll probably really like Homeland too. How you'll react to The Wire and/or Mad Men will be interesting to me, particularly the latter.