General Television Thread

Hellfire

Oh my God oh my God oh my God gotta watch more.

Also, the two new characters are instantly more likeable/have better actors than

Alicia, who is hopefully gone for good. I found her character interesting, but her actor did nothing for me.

It is great. I thought I was the only person in the world who was watching it until GoGo mentioned it in here. I am really enjoying the show, though I've yet to see tonight's episode, and I hope the CW keeps it on after this season as a summer show even with the abysmal ratings. Oh and...

On Alicia, I agree 100%. I felt her story was interesting, but the actress didn't do it justice.

Which season is season 3? I've seen every season of Fringe but I can't keep straight what happens in what seasons.

Josh, re: The Wire (season 3 spoilers/some S4)

Oh, also, was Season 3 the when Prez popped his father-in-law in the mouth? That was awesome. I actually cheered when he did that.

Also, man, if you think 3 episodes into S4 it's full of heartbreak, just wait.

Cloudy re: Prez

Oh, also, was Season 3 the when Prez popped his father-in-law in the mouth? That was awesome. I actually cheered when he did that.

That was Season 2. When Valcheck tried pulling Prez after he got word that Sobotka was no longer the major target of the ports investigation

TSCM's right about the Prez thing.

And yeah, I'm now 8 episodes into Season 4, a.k.a. David Simon Presents Wire Babies. This is definitely the most emotional season so far, just because of the intense focus on the effect all of this has on the kids. That said, at this specific point in the season, the heartbreak is being mitigated by some real feel-good moments, especially when it comes to Prez and the new Mayor Elect. But I know better than to expect that to last for long.

And man, I have never been as uncomfortable with watching two people make out as I was when Carcetti and his campaign manager started going at it after his win. I mean, there was nothing at all graphic about it and in a different context that could have played as more exciting and stimulating - but in the context of the season and series? I was pleading with Tommy to stop. That's some damn good storytelling.

Cloudy... Re Fringe S3

It's where Olivia and Fauxlivia swap worlds before the start of the season.

Oh, right. I remember now. Yeah, that season was good. Season 4 was good too, when you get around to it.

TSCM's right about the Prez thing.

And yeah, I'm now 8 episodes into Season 4, a.k.a. David Simon Presents Wire Babies. This is definitely the most emotional season so far, just because of the intense focus on the effect all of this has on the kids. That said, at this specific point in the season, the heartbreak is being mitigated by some real feel-good moments, especially when it comes to Prez and the new Mayor Elect. But I know better than to expect that to last for long.

And man, I have never been as uncomfortable with watching two people make out as I was when Carcetti and his campaign manager started going at it after his win. I mean, there was nothing at all graphic about it and in a different context that could have played as more exciting and stimulating - but in the context of the season and series? I was pleading with Tommy to stop. That's some damn good storytelling.

Just wait. The heartbreak comes. And when it comes you'll be all NOOOOOOOOOOO :(

ust wait. The heartbreak comes. And when it comes you'll be all NOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I have no doubt. That's precisely what I've come to expect from this show in general, yet I can't turn away.

The Wire, Season 4, is done. Jesus, I'm depressed now.

I mean, that was incredible television, but . . . Jesus shit goddamn.

Blake's 7! My god, what a tremendous show.

Season 2:

PRESSURE POINT! Holy shit, that's an episode. In hindsight, all the clues about Control were there, but I was just buying everything they were selling and then when they got there and Blake was like YES! and Avon was like Blake... and I was like

:o

Yup.

Personally I think it's the best season of any TV show ever. But god is it a downer.

For real. Saddest season of anything ever.