General Television Thread

Hellfire

Actually they do it that way because it positions the shows to air new episodes when everything else is on hiatus. It's pretty smart on their part because they have less competition. I don't overly mind it either because it also means less time between seasons than a traditional schedule.

But yes, Suits. Last night's mid-season finale was pretty awesome and I really enjoy Mike/Harvey scenes so last night's shenanigans made it even more awesome.

Oh, yeah, the Conan Emmy opening was wonderful. The bit where they make fun of how LOST went from being an Emmy powerhouse to barely nominated for anything in one year was fantastic.

Quom pretty much swears by it. I hope to be checking out eventually.

If you do finish all 5 seasons of The Wire within the next couple of weeks, I totally suggest watching the first two seasons of Treme next. Like The Wire, it's also created and run by David Simon, and it begins its third season in roughly a month. So if you like watching a series more or less as it airs, you might want to catch up there. Very good show.

EDIT: Also, I finished Season 2 of Boardwalk Empire. GoGo's totally right - Season 1 really is an elaborate prologue for Season 2. That was a very strong season of television, and I'm quite curious to see how Season 3 develops things further.

Also watch The Corner. It's a David Simon miniseries that predates The Wire by a few years. Six episodes, based on a book Simon wrote where he followed corner people for a year. It's pretty good, stars some familiar faces too.

I decided to watch through Season 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm (I'd seen the first 2 seasons) as a palette cleanser since I've been watching through so much drama lately. I love, love, love the way the season finale finishes.

Stephen Root! James Cromwell!

Seriously? Fuck, I'm gonna have to get around to actually watching this then (I watched the pilot and it was good enough but never revisited it). Both (but especially Root) are criminally underused.