General Television Thread

Hellfire

Binged Season 3 of The Leftovers this weekend.

Spoiler

I don't know if I love the end. I like that Kevin and Nora are together but I felt like a lot was left unfinished. Not that I was expecting every loose end to be tied up but I just don't think we got enough.

Nonetheless, it was a phenomenal show and is probably my favourite show of 2017.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Santa with Benjles said:
  Hide contents

I think it was good that they did give an answer to the "rapture" though, and that it's never shown, but left up to the viewer to decide whether it's true or not.

Spoiler

I would agree. The story isn't about the people who go missing. It's about how the people who are left cope with what happened. It's most likely an end that will grow on me over time, like The Sopranos. 

On 11/12/2017 at 14:57, Santa with Benjles said:

Good Crazy Ex-Girlfriend news - the mid-season finale very much felt like a return to form, and "Very First..." was an amazing song.

Bad Crazy Ex-Girlfriend news - I keep catching myself singing this song. Probably not the ideal song to be singing at work :shifty:

I need a new show to binge since everything I usually watch is going on a holiday break, and I quickly burned my way through Friends in about a months time.

I tried Jane the Virgin but that shit just isn’t for me. Luckily, this week is, I believe, the season finale of Mr. Robot S3 and I haven’t watched a single episode yet in anticipation of binging the whole season all the way through. So that’s one weekend down, I guess.

Have you watched The Good Place yet? I highly suggest that. Black Mirror if you haven't already as the new series is going on Netflix just after Xmas.

Also it may only affect me, but Haters Back Off has been cancelled. Can't say I'm massively torn up about it, but it was a decent show, and the season one finale broke my heart, though season two never hit the same peaks and troughs.

I watched the first season of The Good Place as it aired, and... well, I'm not like you guys. To me, it's not the great show you're all holding it up to be. I don't find it particularly funny, either.

Black Mirror is one of my favorites, and yes, I will be binge watching the fuck out of that the minute it drops on Netflix. I posted this on DVDVR, but - HOT TAKE ALERT: San Junipero fucking sucks.

I watched the first two episodes of Haters Back Off and... uh, yeah. No. I know you weren't really recommending it to me, but just thought I'd chime in :P

Most of my TV watching lately has been cheesy panel show formats that I can stick on and not have to think about, but I have to say that Bob Mortimer on the most recent episode of Would I Lie To You? had me laughing more than just about anything in a long, long time. Absolutely preposterous comedy gold.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tristy said:

I've never heard of it, what is it?

British show. Five comedians get assigned a random task like "eat as much watermelon as you can in a minute" or "get these two yoga balls to sit on the mat on top of the hill". They explain the task, then show how the five comedians completed it (they are pre-taped). Greg Davies, the Taskmaster, decides who came in first and gets 5 points and who came in last and gets 1 point (or 0 points). Here's a random task that probably explains it better than I can.